5,599,539 Members 40,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hox Factory Reset - Internal storage question, Please help regarding it .

Tip us?

shantusingh
Old
(Last edited by shantusingh; 29th November 2013 at 09:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Question Hox Factory Reset - Internal storage question, Please help regarding it .

My hox is on complete stock and never rooted .

I just noticed a slight difference in the 3 ways of factory reset of hox .

I just for some reason wanted to do a factory reset ... so first I did it the normal in setting option "back up and reset" way , and tick marked the option to erase internal storage too . Then I got 24.24 storage left when I completed the setup and 1gb of internal being used in "others" by default .

Then I reset it the recovery way and still the same , I got 24.24 storage left when I completed the setup and 1gb of internal being used in "others" by default .

But when I just went in the bootloader and there is also the option of "factory reset" , when I did that and complete the setup and all , I saw that "others section of internal memory" that 1gb got free and I got completely full 25.24 with maybe just few mb used due to updates, etc .
Note : lol I just after this did the "erase phone storage" , and storage got back to 24.24 available and "other" folder came up with 1 gb used , but why ?

Everything seems to be fine with sys apps, etc but still I just need to know as that 1gb is gone from "others" in internal storage, has something important system related gone or what was in it please ?!

Would highly appreciate the correct/accurate help!
Don't Forget To Press Thanks

Htc One M7 801n Silver 32 GB
Nexus 7 FHD 2013
Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
Micromax A110 Canvas 2

sinkster
Old
Thanks Meter 305
I'd noticed this myself, presumed it was an HTC formatting issue with the 'other' being reserved for media/system files. Works fine either way anyway.
Still missing the Xperia Arc, Shantu?

shantusingh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkster View Post
I'd noticed this myself, presumed it was an HTC formatting issue with the 'other' being reserved for media/system files. Works fine either way anyway.
Still missing the Xperia Arc, Shantu?
ya for its looks I am missing it
Don't Forget To Press Thanks

Htc One M7 801n Silver 32 GB
Nexus 7 FHD 2013
Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
Micromax A110 Canvas 2
Tags
4.2.2, android, hox, htc one x, internal storage