5,598,171 Members 44,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HDX7 - best file mgr & MKV video player?

Tip us?

cc_in_oh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HDX7 - best file mgr & MKV video player?

I've been using ES file mgr - seems like network access could be easier (e.g. no network discovery, finds servers only by IP address).

Also one of the free VLC versions - it's OK, just wondering if there are better ones?

Thanks,
CC

BuQQzz
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I've been using ES file mgr - seems like network access could be easier (e.g. no network discovery, finds servers only by IP address).

Also one of the free VLC versions - it's OK, just wondering if there are better ones?

Thanks,
CC
MX Player works well with mkv files on my hdx with no codec, give it a try and see if it works for you
The Following User Says Thank You to BuQQzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R1Mike
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I like using File Manager HD. I don't think it's better; but, it's another option. http://rhmsoft.com/

I am using MoboPlayer on my KFHDX. You can find it on the Amazon store.
The Following User Says Thank You to R1Mike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cc_in_oh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks for suggestions...

...I'll check them out. I forgot about MXplayer - Amazon didn't have it back when I got the KFHD - BSplayer was all I could find at the time for MKV's...

altrenda
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have been using Ultimate Media Player from the 1mobileMarket and it works really well. also available in the Play Store.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk 2

AKToronto
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
...I'll check them out. I forgot about MXplayer - Amazon didn't have it back when I got the KFHD - BSplayer was all I could find at the time for MKV's...
Yes I sideload mxplayer too until they get it on Amazon

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Montisaquadeis
Old
Thanks Meter 20
xbmc works well on the tablet as well I am using alpha 7 since alpha 10 has graphical issues for me.

kholdstare
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallday168 View Post
MX Player works well with mkv files on my hdx with no codec, give it a try and see if it works for you
If you want hardware decoding download the arm-v7-neon codec from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2156254
Bitcoin Address: 186NWvr3buDGmpa5ECVGub37YX94NMSsLj

cc_in_oh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstare View Post
If you want hardware decoding download the arm-v7-neon codec from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2156254
Sorry for silly question, but how much of an advantage is hardware decoding? Do other players have it?

Thanks,
CC

phage80
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You get hardware acceleration even without the external codec, what the external codec provides is DTS audio support which had to be removed from the app for licensing reasons.

The Following User Says Thank You to phage80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]