5,601,298 Members 56,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile MAJOR issue. Anyone else?

Tip us?

nuggstein
Old
(Last edited by nuggstein; 15th November 2013 at 02:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default T-Mobile MAJOR issue. Anyone else?

Hi,

I have T-Mobile. Using an HTC One.

I belong to several MMS groups, where both iPhones and Android phones are involved. For about 6 months, group MMS was perfectly fine, never had an issue.

For the past month, whenever I send a message to the group, I have a 5% success rate of the message actually being displayed properly for everyone. Everyone keeps telling me my messages are blank. Or it will send multiple blanks. I keep getting sh*t from all of my friends telling me T-Mobile sucks and whatnot. "Get an iPhone, get Verizon." Very frustrating hearing this every damn day. It's really starting to piss me off.

Regular SMS is fine. And any messages sent to the group I can see perfectly fine as well. But sending messages isn't working right! Group MMS is very flakey using the stock app! I don't understand what's going on. T-Mobile doesn't seem very helpful.

Is this happening to anyone else? How do we resolve this? Does anyone work for T-Mobile here? This is getting out of hand.

This is NOT the phone. I have wiped it so many times, tried so many different ROMs. It was perfectly fine and started working improperly out of nowhere. No changes, nothing.

I am not the only one!

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/5...art=0&tstart=0

rickm8384
Old
Thanks Meter 72
My wife's phone HTC one is doing the exact sake thing!! Just spent an hour on the phone with tom support to no avail. I need to figure this out. Anyone have any ideas at al???

jpzsports
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm8384 View Post
My wife's phone HTC one is doing the exact sake thing!! Just spent an hour on the phone with tom support to no avail. I need to figure this out. Anyone have any ideas at al???
Apparently it's affecting all T-Mobile users and not just our device. See here for more info:
http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/5...rt=75&tstart=0

rice151
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same problem. This ALL started when I installed the new Hangouts and enabled SMS. Maybe it messed with something?

Anyway, here's something interesting i've found out.

I get a group MMS from multiple devices. When I send the group MMS, android phones "receive it" (on Tmobile/Att carriers), iPhones "reject it" (Tmobile/Att carriers), and WindowsPhones receive "blank" message. Weird.

SuperStar1080
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had a problem with picture messages. Checking the "delivery reports" under the mms settings makes this problem disappear for me. Try that!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperStar1080 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rickm8384
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStar1080 View Post
I had a problem with picture messages. Checking the "delivery reports" under the mms settings makes this problem disappear for me. Try that!

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Worked for my wife's HTC one. Now I hope they fix the actual issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

basa820
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Mms works for me if I leave wifi - calling OFF, as soon as I turn it on every MMS message fails.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RangerLG
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by basa820 View Post
Mms works for me if I leave wifi - calling OFF, as soon as I turn it on every MMS message fails.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
WiFi calling shuts off the data radio which MMS needs to send messages. I've sent MMS while on WiFI and I will see my LTE signal turn on to send the message. Maybe WIFi calling completely kills the radio which won't allow a message to send.