XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cracked Camera Lens?

Tip us?

samirashid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cracked Camera Lens?

Recently I purchased the Htc One for tmobile. I loved every last bit of it untill two nights ago when i put it under my bed completely fine and woke up to a cracked camera lens. This has to be a build quality issue because my phone was in a case. Can someone please give me a solution as how to fix it? thanks!

Paging Dr B
Old
Thanks Meter 197
A build quality issue would be if the lens just fell out. Sounds like you scratched it.

Sadly I dont know how you'd fix it. Fixing the lens on the GS3 was pretty easy. Not so sure about this guy.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

HTC One | Nexus 7 | HTC Sensation

my retired android devices
Samsung Galaxy S3 | Motorola Bionic | Thunderbolt | HP TouchPad w/ICS | Galaxy S Vibrant | DroidX | Droid1 | Mytouch 3g | HTC Dream G1

proud Android user since October 22, 2008
The Following User Says Thank You to Paging Dr B For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samirashid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Dr B View Post
A build quality issue would be if the lens just fell out. Sounds like you scratched it.

Sadly I dont know how you'd fix it. Fixing the lens on the GS3 was pretty easy. Not so sure about this guy.

Thats what i thought untill i realized that other people had the same problem

vivanshah
Old
Thanks Meter 21
my plastic lens cover cracked too. haven't really been rough with the phone at all, although I don't have a case.

stevedebi
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Dr B View Post

If the camera lens area was assembled wrong, it could crack from stress.
Phone: HTC One M8 T-Mobile, Stock ROM KitKat
Tablets: Lenovo IdeaPad A2019 9" Tablet / ICS | Dell Venue 7" Tablet / JB
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite T925u / Windows 8.1
Former Phones: Ericsson T-28, Ericsson R600 World, T-Mobile Windows Phone, HP 6310, Sony-Ericsson M600, HTC Pharos, Asus P527, HTC Tilt2, HTC HD2, HTC Amaze, HTC M7

C Murder
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by samirashid View Post
Recently I purchased the Htc One for tmobile. I loved every last bit of it untill two nights ago when i put it under my bed completely fine and woke up to a cracked camera lens. This has to be a build quality issue because my phone was in a case. Can someone please give me a solution as how to fix it? thanks!
Sorry Its really hard to repair it yourself, just use the device warranty from HTC, it has a year warranty.

mozart
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You are totally not alone: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HTC+One+...lacement/17695