5,606,201 Members 32,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] please help! Droid dna on straight talk!

Tip us?

tomtrangrmi
Old
(Last edited by tomtrangrmi; 13th December 2013 at 10:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [q] please help! Droid dna on straight talk!

I been doing alot of research before switching to straight talk with my dna

straight now offers lte with the att gsm sim

i activated my account yesterday but all i seem to get is att edge wihich is like 2g super slow!! I have internet but i cant download or send mms! And the straight talk reps are retarded!

Ive seen others post saying that they are getting hspa+ and fast 3g

i have the default apn settings that they told me to enter in and told me that there is no problem with the coverage in my area..

So my question is my dna in gsm unlocked how come im not getting the data speeds that i want??

Anybody has any new apns to share?

Please help!! Thanks!!! I been looking everywhere for answers and seem to not get any!

PassingThruLife
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You wont be able to get At&T Lte with a Droid Dna,you will be limited to HSPA+ which is kinda like 3.5G LOL.

Did you change the APN settings, that is usually what you need to do.

I do not want to post links to other forums,so just Google " Straight Talk HSPA+ settings At&t " and you will find your answers.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

You wont be able to get At&T Lte with a Droid Dna,you will be limited to HSPA+ which is kinda like 3.5G LOL.

I do not want to post links to other forums,so just Google " Straight Talk HSPA+ settings At&t " and you will find your answers.
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

xlxcrossing
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThruLife View Post

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

If it's not the APN It's probably the radio mode. If it's not set to WCDMA you will only get edge over GSM. In viper Rom there is access to this menu in tweaks. If you're on stock sense the dialer code is *#*#4636#*#* That code isn't guaranteed to work but if the radio mode is on GSM ONLY then you won't get HSPA+ The reason the DNA doesn't receive Straight Talk LTE is because it doesn't support the band. An at&t unlocked lte phone would though like an HTC One or what have you.

Your APN should be "tfdata"

tomtrangrmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

yes ive changed the apn numerous times looking up different apn to input but still nothing still stuck on edge!

ive seen videos of dna getting HSPA i dont know how i dont have it im in Grand Rapids, MI where coverage is superb for LTE HSPA so idk what else is there to do

I just bought Att GoPhone Just now prepaid and they said LTE too and i activated and im still on Edge network! so im like clue less now -_-

PassingThruLife
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hmm,I dont know honestly.

I have a Droid Dna on at&t and soon as I popped in my sim and changed the settings to GSM I was getting HSPA speeds.

Are you running stock or on some custom rom?

When you go to settings ,go to Call,Preferred Network,make sure GSM/UMTS is checked,press it and make sure GSM/UMTS DUAL is checked.
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

tomtrangrmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hmm,I dont know honestly.

I have a Droid Dna on at&t and soon as I popped in my sim and changed the settings to GSM I was getting HSPA speeds.

When you go to settings ,go to Call,Preferred Network,make sure GSM/UMTS is checked,press it and make sure GSM/UMTS DUAL is checked.
no root or custom roms just stock android!

ohh i have gsm only checked! hmmmmmm... can you post your apn settings? thanks

tomtrangrmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingthrulife View Post
hmm,i dont know honestly.

I have a droid dna on at&t and soon as i popped in my sim and changed the settings to gsm i was getting hspa speeds.

When you go to settings ,go to call,preferred network,make sure gsm/umts is checked,press it and make sure gsm/umts dual is checked.
omg it worked! Switching it to dual band! Thankkk you!! I was so stuck!!!

PassingThruLife
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtrangrmi View Post
omg it worked! Switching it to dual band! Thankkk you!! I was so stuck!!!
no problem. glad it worked for you. if you get a chance,can you run a speednet test and tell us your speeds?

sucks about not being able to use LTE but its a trade off I guess,the DNA is a great phone.
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

tomtrangrmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
no problem. glad it worked for you. if you get a chance,can you run a speednet test and tell us your speeds?

sucks about not being able to use LTE but its a trade off I guess,the DNA is a great phone.
Speeds are great greater then expected lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-15-05-47-07.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	2455829  

tomtrangrmi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Okay I ran into another problem... Everything works fine....data calls and text... But I can't get mms?? It won't send or download when sent from another phone? Apn settings are correct and straight talk techs don't know wtf going on sooooo...sayin it's my phone not there service??