5,606,409 Members 33,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q: Stuck on 3G

Tip us?

loctorn
Old
(Last edited by loctorn; 30th December 2013 at 05:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Q: Stuck on 3G

Was running Slimbean 4.3 for the longest and finally got around to trying out CM 11 KitKat but before I installed it I updated the radio with the .1112 radio that's flashable through recovery.

Everything was great till I left WiFi this morning and I noticed it was stuck on 3G. So I cycled airplane mode, LTE/CDMA, Global, Home and automatic and still no 4G. So I restored my backup of Slimbean 4.3 and still can't get 4G. I then resorted to putting my wife's sim card into my phone after shutdown and upon reboot no 4G. I put my sim in her S4 and 4G works.

So I'm asking what's my next course of action?
I won't have access to a PC till this weekend. Voice/Data/MMS work fine right now but I want my 4G back.

I also tried flashing the radio back to the previous radio but keep getting installation aborted. I got both radios from t1gartist radio thread.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

amallah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by loctorn View Post
Was running Slimbean 4.3 for the longest and finally got around to trying out CM 11 KitKat but before I installed it I updated the radio with the .1112 radio that's flashable through recovery.

Everything was great till I left WiFi this morning and I noticed it was stuck on 3G. So I cycled airplane mode, LTE/CDMA, Global, Home and automatic and still no 4G. So I restored my backup of Slimbean 4.3 and still can't get 4G. I then resorted to putting my wife's sim card into my phone after shutdown and upon reboot no 4G. I put my sim in her S4 and 4G works.

So I'm asking what's my next course of action?
I won't have access to a PC till this weekend. Voice/Data/MMS work fine right now but I want my 4G back.

I also tried flashing the radio back to the previous radio but keep getting installation aborted. I got both radios from t1gartist radio thread.

Have you tried RUU to pure stock?

loctorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by amallah View Post
Have you tried RUU to pure stock?
Yeah ended up RUU to stock but it turns out to be my SIM card even after putting it in my wife's S4 and worked fine there but I went to the Verizon store and swapped SIM and all is good now.