5,598,938 Members 31,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-P5113 Bricked After Firmware Update?

Tip us?

DetroitJulie
Old
(Last edited by DetroitJulie; 17th December 2013 at 04:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default GT-P5113 Bricked After Firmware Update?

I apologize if the easy and simple fix to this issue has already been posted, but so far, I've read so many different "solutions"...none of wwhich has worked.

Yesterday, I accepted an OTA update, after which my tablet never booted up again. It will partially boot up, but will get "stuck" on the glowing Samsung logo. It will not proceed any further, and will just sit there on the logo until the battery wears out.

I've been able to get it to the menu to wipe data, etc (holding down the power button and volume up), which I DID, only to have the tablet reboot to the glowing logo and sit there yet again.

I don't know what to do. It doesn't sound like Samsung has a fix for this software problem? Or is there really something wrong with my tablet that I'd have to send it in? Sounds like others who have done this have received their tablets back, "fixed", only to have the same thing happen again when they did the OTA update, OR if they did the update through Kies.

I'm a newbie. I'm not a techie. If there IS a fix for this, can you give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on what to do? AS if you are talking to a child? haha...thank you so much! I'm SO upset...my tablet was beautiful, and now it's just dead...

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitJulie View Post
I apologize if the easy and simple fix to this issue has already been posted, but so far, I've read so many different "solutions"...none of wwhich has worked.

Yesterday, I accepted an OTA update, after which my tablet never booted up again. It will partially boot up, but will get "stuck" on the glowing Samsung logo. It will not proceed any further, and will just sit there on the logo until the battery wears out.

I've been able to get it to the menu to wipe data, etc (holding down the power button and volume up), which I DID, only to have the tablet reboot to the glowing logo and sit there yet again.

I don't know what to do. It doesn't sound like Samsung has a fix for this software problem? Or is there really something wrong with my tablet that I'd have to send it in? Sounds like others who have done this have received their tablets back, "fixed", only to have the same thing happen again when they did the OTA update, OR if they did the update through Kies.

I'm a newbie. I'm not a techie. If there IS a fix for this, can you give me STEP-BY-STEP instructions on what to do? AS if you are talking to a child? haha...thank you so much! I'm SO upset...my tablet was beautiful, and now it's just dead...
this happens buddy
you don't just have to wipe ache
do like this
1 reboot into recovery
2 do factory reset
3 wipe cache partition
nothing else
4 have fun after that
good luck

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

DetroitJulie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
this happens buddy
do like this
1 reboot into recovery
2 do factory reset
3 wipe cache partition
nothing else
4 have fun after that
good luck
And exactly HOW do I "reboot into recovery"? Everytime I push power plus the volume up button, I get to a warning screen that says something about "warning, you are about to change the OS...continue or cancel" I cant get past this to even GET to the menu of "reboot", "wipe data", etc.

HELP!

(Thanks for responding!)

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
And exactly HOW do I "reboot into recovery"? Everytime I push power plus the volume up button, I get to a warning screen that says something about "warning, you are about to change the OS...continue or cancel" I cant get past this to even GET to the menu of "reboot", "wipe data", etc.

HELP!

(Thanks for responding!)
it will give that warning message but don't worry just continue and follow my steps buddy

DetroitJulie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
this happens buddy
do like this
1 reboot into recovery
2 do factory reset
3 wipe cache partition
nothing else
4 have fun after that
good luck

Alright...I did get it into recovery mode, I factory reset it, then hit wipe cache partition. It started the process, THEN I saw "ERROR" flash quickly up on the screen. Then it began to boot up again, and here I am, STUCK ON THE GLOWING LOGO AGAIN.

This didnt work. Anybody else have a different suggestion?

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Alright...I did get it into recovery mode, I factory reset it, then hit wipe cache partition. It started the process, THEN I saw "ERROR" flash quickly up on the screen. Then it began to boot up again, and here I am, STUCK ON THE GLOWING LOGO AGAIN.

This didnt work. Anybody else have a different suggestion?
again flash the rom with odin and then follow these steps
if not then please try to flash again with re partition unchecked

The Following User Says Thank You to aditya rathee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DetroitJulie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
again flash the rom with odin and then follow these steps
if not then please try to flash again with re partition unchecked
Alright. I have Odin. Could you please run down the steps on how to "flash the ROM"?

Thanks...sorry, I need my hand held!

~Julie

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Alright. I have Odin. Could you please run down the steps on how to "flash the ROM"?

Thanks...sorry, I need my hand held!

~Julie
1 reboot in download mode
2 in odin uncheck repartition
3 click start
4 after it pass

please boot into recovery and do factory reset and wipe cache partition

DetroitJulie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
1 reboot in download mode
2 in odin uncheck repartition
3 click start
4 after it pass

please boot into recovery and do factory reset and wipe cache partition
Odin says "No binary selected"????

Please, I have NO idea what this is, or what the heck I'm doing.

DetroitJulie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Alright, so the file I think I need is P5113UECLK7. Anybody have any ideas where I can download this? ALL LINKS I FIND are to site that have been shutdown, and it is NOT on the Sammobile site, either.