5,594,877 Members 38,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting After Latest Verizon OTA Update???

Tip us?
 
tomtrangrmi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location Rooting After Latest Verizon OTA Update???

Before i Switched to Straight Talk, I received the latest OTA update for the DNA 4.2.2 with sense 5

Everything i searched for rooting the DNA after the DNA seems to be nonexistence

Moonshine wont work....any other ideas? or help? achieving S-Off And Boat loader Unlocked?
 
GrzlyAdms
Old
#2  
GrzlyAdms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtrangrmi View Post
Before i Switched to Straight Talk, I received the latest OTA update for the DNA 4.2.2 with sense 5



Everything i searched for rooting the DNA after the DNA seems to be nonexistence



Moonshine wont work....any other ideas? or help? achieving S-Off And Boat loader Unlocked?

Rumrunner should work (rumrunner.us). This thread gives a breakdown on s-off methods: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559232
 
tomtrangrmi
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrzlyAdms View Post
Rumrunner should work (rumrunner.us). This thread gives a breakdown on s-off methods: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559232
Thanks bro I been searching all over!
 
GrzlyAdms
Old
#4  
GrzlyAdms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtrangrmi View Post
Thanks bro I been searching all over!
No problem. Let me know how rumrunner goes. I used moonshine a while back, and am curious as to how well rumrunner is working and if its as easy as moonshine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
 
dfurbay1
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrzlyAdms View Post
No problem. Let me know how rumrunner goes. I used moonshine a while back, and am curious as to how well rumrunner is working and if its as easy as moonshine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I just did it the other day with the 3.06 update. It has been working great for me. The one thing I am looking forward to is when they start releasing more ROMs for them. Right now the only real viable one is Super Stock Sense 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
 
GrzlyAdms
Old
#6  
GrzlyAdms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfurbay1 View Post
I just did it the other day with the 3.06 update. It has been working great for me. The one thing I am looking forward to is when they start releasing more ROMs for them. Right now the only real viable one is Super Stock Sense 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Releasing more ROMs? Are you referring to sense 5 ROMs based on the latest stock OTA? If not, there are plenty of great ROMs out there for the DNA. I've personally used ViperDNA (2.0.3), CM10.2, SlimBean 4.3.1, crDroid 4.3. They have all worked great, and there are plenty more to try. Thinking about making the jump to one of the 4.4 AOSP based ROMs (quite a few out now).
 
dfurbay1
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrzlyAdms View Post
Releasing more ROMs? Are you referring to sense 5 ROMs based on the latest stock OTA? If not, there are plenty of great ROMs out there for the DNA. I've personally used ViperDNA (2.0.3), CM10.2, SlimBean 4.3.1, crDroid 4.3. They have all worked great, and there are plenty more to try. Thinking about making the jump to one of the 4.4 AOSP based ROMs (quite a few out now).
I am referring to the new ROMs (and ROMs, such as ViperDNA) that work with the new 3.06 firmware and are updated to work with it. I have seen several out there, but as for working with the new firmware, when I posted, there were few that were updated to work with it. I am not saying any of them are bad, or do not work, I am just looking for them to update and run on the new firmware, that is all.

I do not want to get something to try and run but not work because of firmware issues. For this reason, that is why I am running DNA Super Stock Sense5 released for the 3.06 firmware. I like it because it is unbloated stock with a few minor tweaks that really are nice (what is specifically coming to mind is the battery percentage on the notification bar, inlaid in the battery level).
 
GrzlyAdms
Old
#8  
GrzlyAdms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfurbay1 View Post
I am referring to the new ROMs (and ROMs, such as ViperDNA) that work with the new 3.06 firmware and are updated to work with it. I have seen several out there, but as for working with the new firmware, when I posted, there were few that were updated to work with it. I am not saying any of them are bad, or do not work, I am just looking for them to update and run on the new firmware, that is all.



I do not want to get something to try and run but not work because of firmware issues. For this reason, that is why I am running DNA Super Stock Sense5 released for the 3.06 firmware. I like it because it is unbloated stock with a few minor tweaks that really are nice (what is specifically coming to mind is the battery percentage on the notification bar, inlaid in the battery level).

10-4. I'm still new at this, so I was unaware that the new firmware would cause any issues with flashing a completely different ROM.
 
orangechoochoo
Old
#9  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 559
Posts: 1,797
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Beating up dumbbells
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfurbay1 View Post
I am referring to the new ROMs (and ROMs, such as ViperDNA) that work with the new 3.06 firmware and are updated to work with it. I have seen several out there, but as for working with the new firmware, when I posted, there were few that were updated to work with it. I am not saying any of them are bad, or do not work, I am just looking for them to update and run on the new firmware, that is all.

I do not want to get something to try and run but not work because of firmware issues. For this reason, that is why I am running DNA Super Stock Sense5 released for the 3.06 firmware. I like it because it is unbloated stock with a few minor tweaks that really are nice (what is specifically coming to mind is the battery percentage on the notification bar, inlaid in the battery level).
Your firmware shouldn't matter, the ROM you flash is your firmware. It includes the kernel, system, and apps. Radios are not flashed when you flash a rom, but all the radios work with all the ROMs.

I have never upgraded past the 1.15 firmware and I've been running a variety of ROMs. The only things I've changed are the radio and recovery (so I can flash 4.4 ROMs). No problems aside from the known bugs since I clean flash everything (system, cache, dalvik, and data).
The Following User Says Thank You to orangechoochoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GrzlyAdms
Old
#10  
GrzlyAdms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 105
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
Your firmware shouldn't matter, the ROM you flash is your firmware. It includes the kernel, system, and apps. Radios are not flashed when you flash a rom, but all the radios work with all the ROMs.



I have never upgraded past the 1.15 firmware and I've been running a variety of ROMs. The only things I've changed are the radio and recovery (so I can flash 4.4 ROMs). No problems aside from the known bugs since I clean flash everything (system, cache, dalvik, and data).

Thanks for clearing that up! This was my understanding as well, so I was a bit confused when with the mention of the lack of ROMs compatible with the latest OTA. I hadn't heard of issues running any ROM after accepting the latest OTA and getting s-off through rumrunner.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes