5,604,050 Members 48,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Slimline case for the Nexus 7(2013) REVIEW AND LINK!

Tip us?

DroidModder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 697

DONATE TO ME
Default Poetic Slimline case for the Nexus 7(2013) REVIEW AND LINK!

I bought this case in August when I got my Nexus 7, and I don't look back! This case is a beast, its not only quite cheap, but it is also good quality, and it gives the Nexus 7 a classy look when carrying it. Its got all cut outs for the power, vol up/down rocker as well as a cut out for the camera on the back!.

Please do me a favor and check out my review video on the case on YouTube(link below). Please like and subscribe too as it helps a lot!! If you'd like to buy one of these from Amazon, there's a link in the description of the video and I will also post a link in this Forum thread too! thanks a lot!

My Official Review video on YouTube!

If you'd like to buy one, here's an Amazon link!
My Devices

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4-Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2-Android 4.3
Google Nexus 7(2013)-Android 4.4!
The Following User Says Thank You to DroidModder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tcournoy
Old
(Last edited by tcournoy; 24th November 2013 at 01:21 AM.) Reason: spelling error
Thanks Meter 4
They are pretty good about addressing customer complaints too. I ordered one in late August when I got my Nexus 7 and by early September I received a second case completely unexpectedly with a note about how the new one had been changed to correct customer concerns. Two cases for $12? Not too bad!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcournoy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dark Spark
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is it really protective though ?
It looks very good but I'm concerned about sturdiness as I always accidently drop my devices..

tcournoy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Spark View Post
Is it really protective though ?
It looks very good but I'm concerned about sturdiness as I always accidentally drop my devices..
It will protect from wear in a bag or something like that. Because its a rigid case, I don't think the fall protection would be that great (besides the screen which obviously would benefit from any case with a front cover). I have not dropped mine while in the case so I cannot speak to its just how much protection it affords. I mainly only use the case when I travel or bring it to work because I don't want it getting scratched up in my bag.

azdavef
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default It's a Nice Case

It's a nice, practical case, though I doubt it would be a lot of help for dropping it. It also works with the Tylt Vu wireless charger.

jbird5047
Old
Thanks Meter 2
[QUOTE=tcournoy;47778452]They are pretty good about addressing customer complaints too. I ordered one in late August when I got my Nexus 7 and by early September I received a second case completely unexpectedly with a note about how the new one had been changed to correct customer concerns. Two cases for $12? Not too bad![/QUOi.

I had the exact same experience, and I definitely would recommend this case as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

eggnoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Received my poetic slimline case for the N7 2013 and it looks like they sent me the older version. I bought it through a 3rd party seller on Amazon.
The auto wake works but would like the newer version.

Osiris19
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I absolutely love my slimline. Bought it in gray and its the best case I've owned for any device. My only discrepancy is the flap takes some getting used to when trying to use it as a stand.

Sent from my Nexus 7

yugendreams
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidModder View Post
I bought this case in August when I got my Nexus 7, and I don't look back! This case is a beast, its not only quite cheap, but it is also good quality, and it gives the Nexus 7 a classy look when carrying it. Its got all cut outs for the power, vol up/down rocker as well as a cut out for the camera on the back!.

Please do me a favor and check out my review video on the case on YouTube(link below). Please like and subscribe too as it helps a lot!! If you'd like to buy one of these from Amazon, there's a link in the description of the video and I will also post a link in this Forum thread too! thanks a lot!

My Official Review video on YouTube!

If you'd like to buy one, here's an Amazon link!
What Rom are you using in the video?

DroidModder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 697

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugendreams View Post
What Rom are you using in the video?

If remember correctly, I was running SlimBean at the time...now It's Kit Kat obviously
My Devices

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4-Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2-Android 4.3
Google Nexus 7(2013)-Android 4.4!