[Q] Tab 3 Kids Rom on Nexus 7

Tip us?

925Adams
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sign [Q] Tab 3 Kids Rom on Nexus 7

Hello,

I am very new to the android community converting from ios, I am looking to purchase 2 tablets for my boys this Christmas. I am not willing to purchase any leapfrog or similar devices because of their limitations. I found that Samsung has developed a tab 3 kids edition with kids mode which seems to be very nice.

My question is, I would rather purchase a Nexus 7 over the Tab 3 because of the system specs. I am curious if it is possible to install the rom from the tab 3 into the nexus 7? Has anyone tried this or is it even possible?

Here is a link to the rom;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548241

I have already looked into Kidoz, Kids place! and zoodle but none of them look or when tested on my friends nexus 7 were sufficient.
The Following User Says Thank You to 925Adams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wizzlewizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925Adams View Post
Hello,

I am very new to the android community converting from ios, I am looking to purchase 2 tablets for my boys this Christmas. I am not willing to purchase any leapfrog or similar devices because of their limitations. I found that Samsung has developed a tab 3 kids edition with kids mode which seems to be very nice.

My question is, I would rather purchase a Nexus 7 over the Tab 3 because of the system specs. I am curious if it is possible to install the rom from the tab 3 into the nexus 7? Has anyone tried this or is it even possible?

Here is a link to the rom;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548241

I have already looked into Kidoz, Kids place! and zoodle but none of them look or when tested on my friends nexus 7 were sufficient.
Nope Samsung has touchwiz rom, which is specifically made for Samsung. I don't know of any ports over to nexus. However I'm not sure what kids mode would have that you couldn't customize with any other rom/launcher/app combination.

-Wizzle

datallboy
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
You could set up a second account on the device and restrict things on it. Just set a password on your owner account and use it like an "administrator". You can restrict use of the app store, browser things like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Tablets

8GB Nook Tablet (Retired): Nexus 7 FHD 2013:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 2.7
  • Build: KOT49H

Phones

Nexus 5:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 0.34
  • Build: KOT49H

Email: datallboy@gmail.com