5,606,409 Members 33,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 swipe-left google now

Tip us?
 
skrypj
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 55
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Nexus 5 swipe-left google now

Does anyone know if someone has brought the "swipe left-google now" feature from the Nexus 5 to the Nexus 7. i was playing around with the nexus 5 at BB and noticed when i swipe left from the main homescreen it opens now full screen, kinda like how the iphone goes to the search screen.
 
JackHanAnLG
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 366
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southend
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrypj View Post
Does anyone know if someone has brought the "swipe left-google now" feature from the Nexus 5 to the Nexus 7. i was playing around with the nexus 5 at BB and noticed when i swipe left from the main homescreen it opens now full screen, kinda like how the iphone goes to the search screen.
Just download the Google experience launcher
 
LoVeRice
Old
#3  
LoVeRice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 559
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manila
Flash cm11 or any new 4.4 custom rom, its built in!
_________________________________
Right Thru My Nexus 4
 
church
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 132
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVeRice View Post
Flash cm11 or any new 4.4 custom rom, its built in!
Lol why replace the ROM when its just a launcher. Kinda over kill
 
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Old
#5  
[Krueger]Dr.Stein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 593
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Singapura
Check out this thread. The second link has the latest version.
[Krueger]Dr.Stein
Your SOUL May Belong To GOD
But Your ASS Is All MINE

InsertCoin 3.4.1 SENSE 3.5
Bricked-Kernel|2.6.35.14|v1.5|OC@1914/192GHz

AmeriCanAndroid AOSP HD2 GB2.3.7 CM7.2 | bk2sdext [KERNEL:ACA823]

 
heorung
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 114
Join Date: Aug 2010
Download Epic Launcher on Play Store. I'm using it now , it can use the icon pack for Apex/Nova Launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to heorung For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aarsyl
Old
#7  
aarsyl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 592
Posts: 1,560
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Great! Something new to check out.

_______________________________________
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Sense 5, S-Off

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel
 
Omar04
Old
#8  
Omar04's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1269
Posts: 2,424
Join Date: Jul 2011
I updated the files in my thread today.

Guys you should try the updated GEL Launcher and search on the Nexus 7 working flawlessly all features enabled http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506829

Sent from my SM-N900P via TapaTalk PRO
Elite Tester
 
aa_chow
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar04 View Post
I updated the files in my thread today.

Guys you should try the updated GEL Launcher and search on the Nexus 7 working flawlessly all features enabled http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506829

Sent from my SM-N900P via TapaTalk PRO
Elite Tester

Installed Google Search= v 3.1.24.941712 on my Nexus 7 (2013).
Minor bug: There is one less row and one less column, so stuff disappears.
Major bug: The rightmost shortcut on bottom dock will disappear after restart or stopping the Google Search service.
Google Nexus 5, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10
 
Omar04
Old
#10  
Omar04's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1269
Posts: 2,424
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_chow View Post
Installed Google Search= v 3.1.24.941712 on my Nexus 7 (2013).
Minor bug: There is one less row and one less column, so stuff disappears.
Major bug: The rightmost shortcut on bottom dock will disappear after restart or stopping the Google Search service.
Yeah I notice the Major bug of last icon on right. I leave it blank for that reason.

Sent from my SM-N900P via TapaTalk PRO
Elite Tester

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes