[Q] Found my HD2 in storage

Search This thread

cjohnsontech

Dec 14, 2013
Hey all,

I found my old HD2 in a storage box that got shoved into the back of my closet. Obviously, I'm using an updated phone by now (but not by much, HTC Amaze 4G) so I'm not looking for a replacement. I'm just curious as to what I should do with it now that I found it again. I figured I'll probably ditch Windows and throw Android onto it (decent 4.4 out yet?) but I'm not sure. Any ideas or quick guides I should look into before deciding?

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hey all,

I found my old HD2 in a storage box that got shoved into the back of my closet. Obviously, I'm using an updated phone by now (but not by much, HTC Amaze 4G) so I'm not looking for a replacement. I'm just curious as to what I should do with it now that I found it again. I figured I'll probably ditch Windows and throw Android onto it (decent 4.4 out yet?) but I'm not sure. Any ideas or quick guides I should look into before deciding?

look around, follow guides to root it and flash a nand android rom and try some of them with different android version... if you don't like android you can come back to stock everytime you want :)

Reactions: cjohnsontech

cjohnsontech

Dec 14, 2013
look around, follow guides to root it and flash a nand android rom and try some of them with different android version... if you don't like android you can come back to stock everytime you want :)

Oh I know that I like Android much better. The only reason I got a Windows phone to begin with was purely to have the remote abilities with some of my more strict clients with strong SSLVPN Firewall rules. I've been poking around looking at things; been obscenely busy this week so I haven't gotten much of a chance to test anything or post any updates. And since this is purely for a play-thing and not to be used as an actual phone, I have far more freedom than if I were limited to a "daily-driver" setup.

krusion

Dec 16, 2013
Oh I know that I like Android much better. The only reason I got a Windows phone to begin with was purely to have the remote abilities with some of my more strict clients with strong SSLVPN Firewall rules. I've been poking around looking at things; been obscenely busy this week so I haven't gotten much of a chance to test anything or post any updates. And since this is purely for a play-thing and not to be used as an actual phone, I have far more freedom than if I were limited to a "daily-driver" setup.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986437 use this, you can install a couple of android on it too. I'd go with the nexus builds, they seem to be a bit faster and cleaner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,