XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SBF through RSD Lite in Windows 8

Tip us?

uncgecongrad07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SBF through RSD Lite in Windows 8

Please note that I have tried the Linux method through Hyper-V, but it does not support USB. I have also tried booting into Ubuntu through the CD, but am unable to get it to boot. I am looking for any assistance with WINDOWS 8 and RSD LITE only. Thanks in advance.

Problem:
I am unable to SBF my X2 back to 2.3.4 using RSD Lite in Windows 8. I have installed the Motorola drivers, installed the Android SDK, booted the phone in RSD Protocol Support, installed RSD Lite 5.4.4 and 5.7 (separately, same problem). ADB notices the phone, Windows notices the phone, but RSD Lite does not recognize that the phone is connected when I'm in RSD mode. I am also running RSD Lite as Admin and have used compatibility modes for XP SP3, Windows 7, and Windows 8. No luck on any aspect.

Has anyone had luck using RSD Lite with their X2 since the release of Windows 8? Did you have to take specific steps to install drivers/software? I've searched for hours here and other sites and have come up with nothing.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 958
how about Oracle VM VirtualBox
and ezSBF, or Ubuntu/ sbf_flash
if it stops, click device tab/ moto device(name changes depending on mode device is in)
worked for me on win 7 64bit
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can
Always in motion is the future

lmsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm trying to get RSD Lite to work in Windows 8 as well and so far no luck. I've downloaded the most recent drivers. I can connect normally (charging, usb mode, access sd card through windows, etc.) but just not when using RSD Lite.

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 958
no idea why rsd lite doesn't work
but ezSBF for DX2 should work fine

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

try rsdlite 5.7

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mot...todrivers.html
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomgaga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It seems RSDLite works but your device os probably just not recognised for windows, so you have to look for drivers for your device for the bootloader mode on google, install the drivers and try again with RSDLite.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomgaga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pjcons
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgaga View Post
It seems RSDLite works but your device os probably just not recognised for windows, so you have to look for drivers for your device for the bootloader mode on google, install the drivers and try again with RSDLite.
So is there any more feedback on this?? Did anyone have a good result as I've recently moved frfom win7 to win8 and EVERYTHING apart from RSDLITE is working on my awesome new machine.

TheTechnicalBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I was on windows 8 and I just downloaded the Droid X2 drivers and also RSD lite and i would start up RSD Lite, then i would connect the usb , then i would connect my phone to the usb and put it in rsd mode and it would work so it is weird to hear that it doesnt work for you
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTechnicalBoss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eric Zhang
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Same as you.

m.ksy
Old
Thanks Meter 552

DONATE TO ME
Looks like it works only with USB2.0 and not with USB3.0 in Windows 8 and higher.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.ksy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mountain Flier
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsilver View Post
I'm trying to get RSD Lite to work in Windows 8 as well and so far no luck. I've downloaded the most recent drivers. I can connect normally (charging, usb mode, access sd card through windows, etc.) but just not when using RSD Lite.
I'm having the same problem. It's been driving me crazy, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...