5,600,335 Members 35,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiped data/cache/dalvik. Have TWRP, but attempts to flash CM from microSD fail?

Tip us?

darkfyre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Wiped data/cache/dalvik. Have TWRP, but attempts to flash CM from microSD fail?

So I bought this phone used off swappa for a friend as their first smart phone. It came with the pacman rom and twrp recovery. There's an issue with the pacman rom where the pie controls make the bottom of the screen (where the dock and spacebar are) unresponsive. The phone's owner is very new to android (and smartphones, and computer, and. . . ) so I was trying to put something a little more beginner friendly on there.

I was in a rush and did something dumb - wiped the phone without making a backup. DOH! I put CM on the microSD as a zip to flash from the recovery, but the flash fails.

Now I have no OS on the phone.

Can anyone recommend a next step? Ideally I'd like to get either a stock rooted rom on the phone, or CM.

Thanks!

holeindalip
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Read vincom's stickies and go back to stock do a lot of reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app