XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

turn off camera shutter sound

Tip us?

sevomemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default turn off camera shutter sound

i cant turn off the camera shutter and focus sound...i tried to replace the camera files in ui folder with silent ones and didn't work..and tried deleting the whole folder and didn't work..tried root apps from play store and still !!

the only app worked is camera mute which is actually mute the phone while in camera application and i didnt like that

Kawaisa
Old
(Last edited by Kawaisa; 14th December 2013 at 06:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 180
there should be an option in the camera settings to turn off the camera shutter sound, unless it's different for the international models?
Motorola V300 > Sony Ericsson K700i > Panasonic VS3 > Sony Ericsson W850i > HTC G1 > iPhone 2G > Samsung Vibrant > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC One S > Samsung Galaxy Note II + LG Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Note 3

Ryo Misaki
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Check this thread in the General forum.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480683

You need to have Root, but there's a code you can add to your CSC files to enable it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryo Misaki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

assassinatheart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There is an app to turn of camera shutter sound in note 3. It does not require root. PM me for the link [New members can't post links]

Mikegrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 33
There are multiple ways to disable this "feature". Here in EU it isn't allowed to have cameras that don't make sounds when taking a picture because you could sneak pictures from people and so. Basically, the option to turn off sound is implemented in the camera software. But the files initiallizing the app on start up tell the software to show or hide this option. That said, you can try to use an app to disable the stock app sound, you can manually change settings in the files that tell the camera what to do (as easy as adding a line of text or even just changing one bit from 0 to 1 or vice versa) or you can use an Xposed module like wanam where there's an option for this that can easily be toggled.
So far I haven't heard of a method that works if you're not rooted, so root seems to be mandatory if you want to do this.
If root isn't your thing, check out other picture taking apps in google play. There are certainly apps that allow to disable shutter sound, and some of those apps provide more/better camera functionality than the stock app. Dpreview.com is a great photography site which also has a mobile phone section called connect. There you get in depth reviews on phone's cameras and apps from a photographers point of view.