XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wipe cache partition error

Tip us?

gabi_tz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default wipe cache partition error

hello. i installed android 4.2.2 via odin and i didn't wipe data/cache partition before upgrade. after a while i did a factory reset from settings and after that i wiped data partition from recovery. after that i tried to wipe cache partition also from recovery but an error appeared and the phone restarted.

So my question is: why when i try to wipe cache partition from recovery i have that error? if i use any aplication to wipe cache when the phone is booted to android there is no problem. also the cache can be cleared with no problem from settings/storage. The error came up only from recovery.

Thanks.

Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
Thanks Meter 295
You are using stock recovery?
I tried wiping cache. But I didn't notice error. And yes it also rebooted itself, which I didn't ask it to. But my cache was cleared

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up

gabi_tz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_SGW_CM9 View Post
You are using stock recovery?
I tried wiping cache. But I didn't notice error. And yes it also rebooted itself, which I didn't ask it to. But my cache was cleared

Yes,i am using stock recovery. Well i did not try to wipe cache on 4.1.2, just on 4.2.2, so i do not know if on 4.1.2 is doing the same. Do you have 4.1.2 or 4.2.2? I also read that s4 users have the same error while wiping cache partition after updating their android. Could another flash solve the problem?

Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi_tz View Post
Yes,i am using stock recovery. Well i did not try to wipe cache on 4.1.2, just on 4.2.2, so i do not know if on 4.1.2 is doing the same. Do you have 4.1.2 or 4.2.2? I also read that s4 users have the same error while wiping cache partition after updating their android. Could another flash solve the problem?
actually if it does the work, it doesn't really matter if it reboots itself after wiping cache, after all you only need it to wipe your cache, so if it does the job, then why let the problem bother you
Real Madrid is poop

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut the f___ up

gabi_tz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
actually if it does the work, it doesn't really matter if it reboots itself after wiping cache, after all you only need it to wipe your cache, so if it does the job, then why let the problem bother you
agree with you, but how do i know if the cache is cleared if i have that error?

Brian_SGW_CM9
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Go to settings. Storage.
There should be a column saying:
Cached data.
If it's a lot, then it's not cleaned

Real Madrid is poop

Shut the f___ up
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian_SGW_CM9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabi_tz
Old
(Last edited by gabi_tz; 15th December 2013 at 07:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Go to settings. Storage.
There should be a column saying:
Cached data.
If it's a lot, then it's not cleaned

now its 60mb, but several days passed from the time i tried to wipe cache partition. yesterday i received a notification for a software update. it was 4.2.2 I9105PXXUBMI1, which replaced the one that i flashed with odin I9105PXXUBMG8. when i will have time i will try again to wipe cahe from recovery, maybe the problem is fixed with this new firmware.anyway, the phone is working oustanding the way it is. thanks for the answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabi_tz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]