[Q] Jelly Bean of ROGERS Infuse 4g [DEVS should see/Important]

Tip us?

G_MAC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Jelly Bean of ROGERS Infuse 4g [DEVS should see/Important]

Greetings !

So I bought Samsung Infuse 4g a few months ago from Canada via ROGERS. I really loved the phone but with time its stock ROM became old. I didn't liked it as ICS and Jelly Bean came in to the market.
Hence I searched the internet specifically this website ( I am NEW here ) and found many custom ROMS, however almost all of them were regarding AT&T Infuse 4g and NOT Rogers Infuse 4g. My build number is UXKG3 .
I really like CM10 and AOKP ROMS... Please help me.
People who have ported AT&T Roms on Rogers Infuse end up having big problems. I don't want to end up like them.

Please help me.
Devs should see this.

Thanks in Advance !

andros11
Old
Thanks Meter 1144

DONATE TO ME
The rogers infuse is technically the same as the at&t one.
You can use any rom you want.

Just be sure to follow the necessary steps to upgrade to JB.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app
For all things Carbon, check out our website:[ Carbon Rom | Keep up to date with our nightlies by checking the changelog: Carbon Nightly Changelog

Keep up to date by joining our Google+ community: Team Carbon | +1 us on Google+ Carbon on Google+

Like us on Facebook: CarbonRom Facebook | Download the rom on our Goo page: Goo.im or at our mirror site: Carbon Mirror

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andros11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

G_MAC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And one thing more that my smartphone does not get recognized by my pc which has Windows 7 x64. I have installed Kies and Kies Mini ...but no success. the pc doesn't even detects the phone :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA

csandman1977
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Follow the directions in the roms op exactly and you shouldn't need to connect to a computer at all. When you get to jelly bean you can download and flash the Rogers modem from this thread;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31097259

Last one on the list. Good luck. Once you get to jellybean you wont want to go back.

The Following User Says Thank You to csandman1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

G_MAC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by csandman1977 View Post
Follow the directions in the roms op exactly and you shouldn't need to connect to a computer at all. When you get to jelly bean you can download and flash the Rogers modem from this thread;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31097259

Last one on the list. Good luck. Once you get to jellybean you wont want to go back.

First of all Thanks.
Secondly I am quite noob in this. Never rooted my mobile phone. Can you explain me the MTD's and which one I will require if I want to run Scotts CM10 4.1.2 (JB) on my Rogers Infuse 4g ?

Lastly .. I have a bigger problem that this that my smartphone doesn't connects to PC. I installed Kies and everything but still it wont connect. I am pissed ... :S

Help ME

andros11
Old
Thanks Meter 1144

DONATE TO ME
MTD is the file system used on JB roms. Your phone will be converted to it the 1st time you flash the rom.

You will 1st need to root & install cwm recovery. You can find specific instructions on how to do this on a rogers by doing a quick search.

Uninstall kies and try manually installing the drivers found in the iset thread.

For all things Carbon, check out our website:[ Carbon Rom | Keep up to date with our nightlies by checking the changelog: Carbon Nightly Changelog

Keep up to date by joining our Google+ community: Team Carbon | +1 us on Google+ Carbon on Google+

Like us on Facebook: CarbonRom Facebook | Download the rom on our Goo page: Goo.im or at our mirror site: Carbon Mirror

The Following User Says Thank You to andros11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csandman1977
Old
Thanks Meter 258
In my experiences the infuse is just a pain in the arse when trying to connect to the computer for the first time. Seriously if you don't have the perfect cord, the proper USB port on your computer, and the sun isn't at the proper angle in relation tovthe orbit of Saturn it just wont freaking work. On that note, in addition to manually installing the drivers you could try a different USB port, a different cord, a different computer, or maybe a wizard.

The guide to rooting a Rogers infuse is in the sticky section of this q&a thread and the iset (infuse super everything thread) is in the sticky section of the infuse android development thread.

First time rooting I would suggest playing around with flashing gingerbread roms. They are safer for lack of a better term. I don't mean like completely kill your phone safer (the infuse is incredibly hard to permanently brick) but easier to fix mistakes. If you screw up going to jellybean you have no choice but to Odin or heimdall back to stock. With gingerbread you aren't changing file systems or partition sizes.

I can't stress this next part enough- READ. EVERYTHING. DON'T SKIM. READ. THEN READ AGAIN. The more you know the easier it is. The fact that you are on an infuse means that you have the luxury of a very friendly community at your disposal. Most of the people here will help. Especially if they get the impression you are trying to help yourself.

Good luck and let us know I'd you have any questions. The iset thread is a wonderful thing full of tons of info. It can be overwhelming though. I check in multiple times a day so if you need help just holler.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csandman1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

G_MAC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by csandman1977 View Post
In my experiences the infuse is just a pain in the arse when trying to connect to the computer for the first time. Seriously if you don't have the perfect cord, the proper USB port on your computer, and the sun isn't at the proper angle in relation tovthe orbit of Saturn it just wont freaking work. On that note, in addition to manually installing the drivers you could try a different USB port, a different cord, a different computer, or maybe a wizard.

The guide to rooting a Rogers infuse is in the sticky section of this q&a thread and the iset (infuse super everything thread) is in the sticky section of the infuse android development thread.

First time rooting I would suggest playing around with flashing gingerbread roms. They are safer for lack of a better term. I don't mean like completely kill your phone safer (the infuse is incredibly hard to permanently brick) but easier to fix mistakes. If you screw up going to jellybean you have no choice but to Odin or heimdall back to stock. With gingerbread you aren't changing file systems or partition sizes.

I can't stress this next part enough- READ. EVERYTHING. DON'T SKIM. READ. THEN READ AGAIN. The more you know the easier it is. The fact that you are on an infuse means that you have the luxury of a very friendly community at your disposal. Most of the people here will help. Especially if they get the impression you are trying to help yourself.

Good luck and let us know I'd you have any questions. The iset thread is a wonderful thing full of tons of info. It can be overwhelming though. I check in multiple times a day so if you need help just holler.

Thanks a lot. I will read everything and will perform rooting in a few days.

jester12345
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Just make sure u use the rogers PDA root thing. Cause I didn't this one time I used an att one and I had a rainbow effect when ever I started my phone. If u need any help let me know. I also am a rogers infuse owner

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

PS also if I can recommend a ROM. I know Scotts cm10 is awesome. Me I really enjoy the remics-jb ROM. Its done well. Eaither way both ROMs are great

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jester12345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csandman1977
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Slimbean and liquidsmooth are good too.

The Following User Says Thank You to csandman1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]