XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Current best options for extended battery [2013]

Tip us?

BCLaraby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Current best options for extended battery [2013]

I've got an i896 (Rogers) and I'm wondering what my best, most reliable options are for getting an extended battery for this thing?

Also, my power button has full-on died (non-responsive) - is it possible for me to fix this or am I out of luck?

Thanks so much!

Val D.
Old
(Last edited by Val D.; 13th September 2013 at 12:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 391
Check the battery in my signature. It's original Samsung 1800mAh for Epic 4G and fits Captivate with standard battery cover. I'm getting 5-6h screen on time, many hours talk time, and easily >60h standby with WIFI on. The ROM I'm using is latest stable CyanogenMod. Don't go with Chinese no-name batteries.

To clean the power button you need to disassemble the phone. There is a thread here on XDA with instructions how to do it. Some people report good results using electric contact cleaning spray and compressed air. There is no guarantee that it will start working again, though. The switch may need replacement.
- HTC Desire 601 LTE, KK Android 4.4.2 (main phone)
- Acer Iconia Tab A200, ICS Android 4.0.3 (games tablet)
- Samsung i896 Captivate, JB Android 4.2.2 (backup phone)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Val D. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alvin612
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val D. View Post
Check the battery in my signature. It's original Samsung 1800mAh for Epic 4G and fits Captivate with standard battery cover. I'm getting 5-6h screen on time, many hours talk time, and easily >60h standby with WIFI on. The ROM I'm using is latest stable CyanogenMod. Don't go with Chinese no-name batteries.

To clean the power button you need to disassemble the phone. There is a thread here on XDA with instructions how to do it. Some people report good results using electric contact cleaning spray and compressed air. There is no guarantee that it will start working again, though. The switch may need replacement.
Thanks for the info! Just ordered one from Amazon. It's prime eligible

Wolgast1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin612 View Post
Thanks for the info! Just ordered one from Amazon. It's prime eligible

hello just a piece of advice taking care of your battery, live themes and high resolution live wall paper / themes will also be a reason to shorten the battery life of your phone.

You can also adjust your display settings lower down the brightness