Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from jagan2: The downloads count on Google Play Market for Energy Bar is now 50,000+, thank you guys! :-)

[App] [2.3+] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [50,000+ Downloads]

Tip us?

jagan2
Old
(Last edited by jagan2; 26th April 2014 at 08:53 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Battery Full [App] [2.3+] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [50,000+ Downloads]

PLEASE RATE THE APP WITH THE STARS IT DESERVES ON GOOGLE PLAY MARKET

UPDATE I: EB_4.1.2 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

UPDATE H: EB_4.1.1 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

UPDATE G: EB_4.1 is up, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

A few more screenshots is in the Attachments

UPDATE F: EB_4.0 is uploaded, adds the to-do feature for the last update - pauses animation on screen off. You can download the version right now from the Downloads section or from Google Play Market to receive updates automatically.

UPDATE E: New version, EB_4.0_XDA_BETA is now available in Downloads section.

As promised, this version packs in new features (both internal and visual,)

#1 The visual elements of the App now look more uniform across various versions of Android.
#2 The Single Color and Multicolor Modes are now combined as one, and that gives you the ability to:
  • Make the Bar use a single color (even when the Battery is low)
  • You can set your own Battery Low Level and assign a color for it to indicate
  • Make multiple segments of the Bar with different colors to indicate each segment. Maximum is upto 6 AND yes, the segment limits are variables controlled by you.
  • There is a live preview which gives you an idea how segments are arranged and color-coded for the Bar.
#3 Replaced the Color Wheel with a older one, which is more accurate.

To do for this version (4.0):
#1 Pause animation on screen off

Hope to receive some feedback soon.

UPDATE D: Latest version EB_3.4 is on the Google Play Market.

UPDATE C: Check the Attachement for Version EB_3.2 (BETA), addresses some bugs. Let me know how is it working.

UPDATE B: Just released an updated version of Energy Bar (EB_3) on Google Play Market, before you get all excited, this update is completely focused on stability/performance. I completely rewrote the code (made a big structural change), I would consider this update as an essential major internal update. Also, it should now perform better during the charging animation.

But, just to not totally disappoint you guys, I have added the following few things that is visual:
#1 The center animation is now more symmetrical (two pulses.)
#2 Custom Colors!!
#3 Thickness is now controllable to the level of pixels (larger devices can make the Bar even more thicker now.)

And lastly, am not abandoning the project with this update, I have got all the list of feature requests made so far since the first release, will be adding one by one.

UPDATE A: Initial version released! Scroll down to get the Download link (check the attachments for screenshot!)

Features:-
✓ An interactive UI to configure the Bar live, which reflects your color choice on both the Bar and the UI itself.
✓ Can be aligned left-right-center of the screen.
✓ Multiple colors option - the Bar changes color in every 20% Battery level interval.
✓ Thickness of the Bar can be configured.
✓ Option to start the Bar automatically on phone restart.
✓ Options to keep a shortcut to either hide or configure the Bar instantly from notification panel.
✓ Puts 0% load on CPU when running on Battery, on Battery level changes, system wakes up the Bar momentarily to update.

VIDEO REVIEWS:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Greetings!

Many of you who had a Windows Mobile past like me, might be very well familiar with the inspiration behind this application I created, temporarily called as Energy Bar. I saw a couple of Android versions as well, including the one which comes bundled with MIUI custom roms. So, here is my implementation of it (Video Below):

What it does?
  • Puts an Energy Bar at the top of the screen which indicates current battery level on any screen.
  • Plug-in any AC power source to start pulsating animation. The animation is detailed enough to let you know where was your battery level when you initially plugged in and what is it's current level during the whole process of charging.
  • A customizer interface to choose between three colors, Activate/Deactivate, auto start on boot.
  • The color chosen is always saved and used when the service is activated/deactivated, crashed and restarted, auto start on boot.
  • When customizer interface is closed by clicking "Close and run in background....", only the bar runs which takes around 3 to 4 MB static RAM.
  • The load on the CPU is 0% when the AC source is not plugged in. The service gets activated only when battery is reduced.

The Video:

NOTE: The video below is of the TEST version of the App, an updated video will be soon posted.

It's hard to showcase the features in screenshots (attached,) so I have uploaded a video of the app in action:

DOWNLOAD:

OR

OR

Attachments!

OR, using TapaTalk? the hyperlinked images above don't work? Here's a play link:

https://bitly.com/energy_bar

Please feel free to make feature requests/give feedbacks/comments. Enjoy!

Thanks,
jagan2

XDA:DevDB Information
[App] [2.3+] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [50,000+ Downloads], a App for the Android General

Contributors
jagan2

Version Information

Created 2014-04-11
Last Updated 2014-05-01
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-13-090748.png
Views:	7270
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	2513818   Click image for larger version

Name:	New 1.png
Views:	6792
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	2513819   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-13-091150.png
Views:	6847
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	2513820   Click image for larger version

Name:	New 2.png
Views:	6186
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	2513821   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB5.png
Views:	6109
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	2513824  

Name:	Energy Bar.PNG
Views:	5646
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2514563   Click image for larger version

Name:	energy_bar.png
Views:	5447
Size:	799 Bytes
ID:	2514571   Click image for larger version

Name:	tab1.jpg
Views:	5634
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2514573   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_Home.png
Views:	3280
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2710574   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_About.png
Views:	619
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2710575  

Name:	EB_Colors1.png
Views:	597
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	2710576   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_Colors6.png
Views:	588
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	2710577   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_Colors5.png
Views:	3221
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2710578   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_Guide.png
Views:	3205
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2710579   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB_Colors4.png
Views:	3202
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2710580  

Attached Files
File Type: apk Energy Bar.apk - [Click for QR Code] (876.7 KB, 1019 views)
File Type: apk Energy Bar (EB_3.1).apk - [Click for QR Code] (639.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: apk Energy Bar (EB_3.2).apk - [Click for QR Code] (639.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: apk Energy Bar EB_3.2 (BETA).apk - [Click for QR Code] (628.2 KB, 132 views)
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jagan2
Old
(Last edited by jagan2; 21st April 2014 at 01:28 AM.) Reason: Reserved
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Default Downloads

Reserved!
The Following User Says Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jagan2
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

The Following User Says Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jagan2
Old
(Last edited by jagan2; 15th January 2014 at 04:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Discussion of the Release Version of the App starts from Post #20.

How to provide me a helpful Bug/Crash Report:

If you downloaded the App from Google Play Market, if the App crashes at any point of time, please do hit 'REPORT' option in the pop-up you'll see.

Apart from that, please post the state of the App when the crash happened. Some useful helpful information about the state would be, the following.
  1. What were you doing when the crash happened? Launching the App to configure the Bar or doing something else.
  2. Was the Bar active when the crash happened?
    IF YES,
    Which of the following configuration was set to the Bar?
    #1 No Notification Icon
    #2 The Bar was running with a shortcut to Settings in the notification panel.
    #3 The Bar was running with a shortcut to Hide/Show the Bar.
  3. Was the Autostart option selected?
  4. If you were in the App configuring the Bar, crash happened, what were you trying to configure? (setting thickness or setting color (Single or Multicolor?) etc..)
  5. Your Android version and Device name
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jagan2
Old
(Last edited by jagan2; 16th January 2014 at 02:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Some screenshots by the XDA community, I don't know if the Bar is complementing their beautiful screen set-up or the set-up is complementing the Bar

Credits (in the order they appear in attachment): @Gu$houn*, @Micoolef, @ivn888, @Gu$houn*

Missed your screenshot? Just mention me in your post to remind me to update here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389787508868.jpg
Views:	1703
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2518778   Click image for larger version

Name:	tedyve7u.jpg
Views:	1656
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2518779   Click image for larger version

Name:	droid_screen-2.png
Views:	1642
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2518780   Click image for larger version

Name:	ahugyzet.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	2518782  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NBruderman
Old
Thanks Meter 905

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan2 View Post
Reserved.
Did you think to use xposed framework fot it?

Tapatalked from my GT-I9500
Github:
https://github.com/NBruderman

Current Projects:
Official CarbonRom for Galaxy S4 (I9500/jflte)
Official ParanoidAndroid for the I9500

Current Device: Galaxy S4 I9500 (Exynos)

Previous Projects:
Crash Rom for the I9500

Previous Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)

jagan2
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBruderman View Post
Did you think to use xposed framework fot it?

Tapatalked from my GT-I9500
Well, I want it to be available for non-root users as well. So, not planning to use Xposed at the moment.
PULSATING BATTERY INDICATOR - ENERGY BAR! [Click to visit thread]

Feeling down? Look at the sky, take inspiration from the clouds, they are pretty creative in being dynamic to billions of eyes!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagan2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NBruderman
Old
Thanks Meter 905

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan2 View Post
Well, I want it to be available for non-root users as well. So, not planning to use Xposed at the moment.
How do you want to make changes in the UI without root?
Github:
https://github.com/NBruderman

Current Projects:
Official CarbonRom for Galaxy S4 (I9500/jflte)
Official ParanoidAndroid for the I9500

Current Device: Galaxy S4 I9500 (Exynos)

Previous Projects:
Crash Rom for the I9500

Previous Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300)

jagan2
Old
Thanks Meter 174

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBruderman View Post
How do you want to make changes in the UI without root?
The change has already been made, one of the devices in the video is not a rooted phone.
PULSATING BATTERY INDICATOR - ENERGY BAR! [Click to visit thread]

Feeling down? Look at the sky, take inspiration from the clouds, they are pretty creative in being dynamic to billions of eyes!

Watty162
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It would be great if you could set different colours for every say 10% increment so green for 100 to 90 blue for 90 to 80 etcetera, also being able to change the frequency of the animations from 1% to 2% or 5% or whatever would also be quite cool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk