UPDATE I: EB_4.1.2 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.
UPDATE H: EB_4.1.1 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.
UPDATE G: EB_4.1 is up, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.
A few more screenshots is in the Attachments
UPDATE F: EB_4.0 is uploaded, adds the to-do feature for the last update - pauses animation on screen off. You can download the version right now from the Downloads section or from Google Play Market to receive updates automatically.
UPDATE E: New version, EB_4.0_XDA_BETA is now available in Downloads section.
As promised, this version packs in new features (both internal and visual,)
#1 The visual elements of the App now look more uniform across various versions of Android.
#2 The Single Color and Multicolor Modes are now combined as one, and that gives you the ability to:
- Make the Bar use a single color (even when the Battery is low)
- You can set your own Battery Low Level and assign a color for it to indicate
- Make multiple segments of the Bar with different colors to indicate each segment. Maximum is upto 6 AND yes, the segment limits are variables controlled by you.
- There is a live preview which gives you an idea how segments are arranged and color-coded for the Bar.
To do for this version (4.0):
#1 Pause animation on screen off
Hope to receive some feedback soon.
UPDATE D: Latest version EB_3.4 is on the Google Play Market.
UPDATE C: Check the Attachement for Version EB_3.2 (BETA), addresses some bugs. Let me know how is it working.
UPDATE B: Just released an updated version of Energy Bar (EB_3) on Google Play Market, before you get all excited, this update is completely focused on stability/performance. I completely rewrote the code (made a big structural change), I would consider this update as an essential major internal update. Also, it should now perform better during the charging animation.
But, just to not totally disappoint you guys, I have added the following few things that is visual:
#1 The center animation is now more symmetrical (two pulses.)
#2 Custom Colors!!
#3 Thickness is now controllable to the level of pixels (larger devices can make the Bar even more thicker now.)
And lastly, am not abandoning the project with this update, I have got all the list of feature requests made so far since the first release, will be adding one by one.
UPDATE A: Initial version released! Scroll down to get the Download link (check the attachments for screenshot!)
✓ An interactive UI to configure the Bar live, which reflects your color choice on both the Bar and the UI itself.
✓ Can be aligned left-right-center of the screen.
✓ Multiple colors option - the Bar changes color in every 20% Battery level interval.
✓ Thickness of the Bar can be configured.
✓ Option to start the Bar automatically on phone restart.
✓ Options to keep a shortcut to either hide or configure the Bar instantly from notification panel.
✓ Puts 0% load on CPU when running on Battery, on Battery level changes, system wakes up the Bar momentarily to update.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Many of you who had a Windows Mobile past like me, might be very well familiar with the inspiration behind this application I created, temporarily called as Energy Bar. I saw a couple of Android versions as well, including the one which comes bundled with MIUI custom roms. So, here is my implementation of it (Video Below):
What it does?
- Puts an Energy Bar at the top of the screen which indicates current battery level on any screen.
- Plug-in any AC power source to start pulsating animation. The animation is detailed enough to let you know where was your battery level when you initially plugged in and what is it's current level during the whole process of charging.
- A customizer interface to choose between three colors, Activate/Deactivate, auto start on boot.
- The color chosen is always saved and used when the service is activated/deactivated, crashed and restarted, auto start on boot.
- When customizer interface is closed by clicking "Close and run in background....", only the bar runs which takes around 3 to 4 MB static RAM.
- The load on the CPU is 0% when the AC source is not plugged in. The service gets activated only when battery is reduced.
NOTE: The video below is of the TEST version of the App, an updated video will be soon posted.
It's hard to showcase the features in screenshots (attached,) so I have uploaded a video of the app in action:
OR, using TapaTalk? the hyperlinked images above don't work? Here's a play link:
Please feel free to make feature requests/give feedbacks/comments. Enjoy!
[App] [2.3+] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [50,000+ Downloads], a App for the Android General
Last Updated 2014-05-01