Originally Posted by Sluggo_
Hey guys, I'm trying to connect my Nexus 5 to my Windows 7 laptop via MTP. However, it never shows up in the "My computer" directory.
I let it install default adb drivers, I've even tried the "naked drivers" from the Nexus 5 forum. It just never shows up. Any help?
I had the same problem too, on Windows 7. Here's what fixed it for me:
1. With the phone plugged in to USB, open up Device Manager
2. You should see an "Android" category, so expand that and right-click on whatever is in there (in my case, it said Google Nexus ADB Interface) and click Uninstall
3. In the confirm dialog that pops up, check the "Delete the driver software..." box, then click OK.
4. Once the driver is finished uninstalling, reboot your Nexus 5 while it's still connected to your PC (important that it is still plugged in!)
5. At some point during the phone reboot, Windows should say it's installing new drivers. The Nexus 5 should appear in My Computer shortly.