Cromi-x 5.2.2 browsers crash

Tip us?

tanis73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cromi-x 5.2.2 browsers crash

Hello all,
I've got some problems with cromi-x, only with internet browsers, stock one and nextbrowser.
Both got problems to load pics (they are incomplete or replaced by a greyed box), often during loading, they simply crash. Also, when the page is loaded, I've automatic refresh (without doing something), sometime 2/3 in the same time.

I've try a wipe of cache and dalwik cache without effects.

Any helps will be helpful

Thank's for reading

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis73 View Post
Hello all,
I've got some problems with cromi-x, only with internet browsers, stock one and nextbrowser.
Both got problems to load pics (they are incomplete or replaced by a greyed box), often during loading, they simply crash. Also, when the page is loaded, I've automatic refresh (without doing something), sometime 2/3 in the same time.

I've try a wipe of cache and dalwik cache without effects.

Any helps will be helpful

Thank's for reading
You'll need to provide a logcat for more info - you didn't install cache2sd by any chance did you?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

tanis73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello sbdags,

Thank's for your reply, how can I provide a logcat, I've never do that?
For cache2sd, I didn't install it.
These problems were already present when I reinstalled cromi-x 5.1.2 after datas corruted, I hoped an amelioration by upgrading to 5.2.2 but this never come.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello sbdags,

Thank's for your reply, how can I provide a logcat, I've never do that?
For cache2sd, I didn't install it.
These problems were already present when I reinstalled cromi-x 5.1.2 after datas corruted, I hoped an amelioration by upgrading to 5.2.2 but this never come.
Try this guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

My browser never crashes so I'm ken to see why yours does.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

tanis73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,

Lot of things here. First I've upgraded to 5.2.3 with full wipe and personal apps restored by titanium. This did'nt help, it's seems to be worse.
I've made generated numerous catlog, there are a lot of information inside I think (numerous errors, warning inside)
There are huge, put them here won't be hepful, can I send them directly to devs?

thx

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi all,

Lot of things here. First I've upgraded to 5.2.3 with full wipe and personal apps restored by titanium. This did'nt help, it's seems to be worse.
I've made generated numerous catlog, there are a lot of information inside I think (numerous errors, warning inside)
There are huge, put them here won't be hepful, can I send them directly to devs?

thx
Zip them and put them here.

You should also state which websites crash and also how many tabs you have open.

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

tanis73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here all the logs, about tabs, the number is not significative (sometimes crash with 2 tabs, sometimes with 10 ).
For the websites, principaly google search images, goodfon, some modellers web site like britmodellers, largescale, etc

Something wrong in my tablet? hope logs will be heplful. If you need a specific one, tell me

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here all the logs, about tabs, the number is not significative (sometimes crash with 2 tabs, sometimes with 10 ).
For the websites, principaly google search images, goodfon, some modellers web site like britmodellers, largescale, etc

Something wrong in my tablet? hope logs will be heplful. If you need a specific one, tell me
Initial view is you have LOTS of errors on your tab. That is not normal. It's not just the web browser crashing - most apps are getting restarted.

The most troubling is it lists File System errors - I think you need to correct these first. The simplest way is to format data or run the e2fsck command in TWRP.

I'll update more later.

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

tanis73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've had already done a format data 2 weeks ago after a bootloop on 5.2.1.
Posted here, my datas were corrupted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2550015
Hope ,there isn't something wrong inside
I've tried to launch a e2fsck, but when I click on command icon (upright corner), I've only this line: updating partition details... idem when I do advanced/terminal command. If I reboot and do advanced/terminal command, I access to a browser and have to select a folder

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
I've had already done a format data 2 weeks ago after a bootloop on 5.2.1.
Posted here, my datas were corrupted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2550015
Hope ,there isn't something wrong inside
I've tried to launch a e2fsck, but when I click on command icon (upright corner), I've only this line: updating partition details... idem when I do advanced/terminal command. If I reboot and do advanced/terminal command, I access to a browser and have to select a folder
In that thread you stated you did a "full wipe".
Did you actually format data? Wiping the partitions will not be enough.
You have to format your /data partition from the Wipe > Advanced menu in TWRP.
You will loose all data stored on your tablet. You can try to use the file manager build into TWRP to copy it off the tablet before you proceed.