5,600,664 Members 36,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] Backup & Unbrick Micromax A68 & Qmobile Noir A6

Tip us?

UMAIR_ARSHAD
Old
(Last edited by UMAIR_ARSHAD; 16th September 2013 at 03:11 PM.) Reason: Updated!! (Added Dump Files)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Database [Tutorial] Backup & Unbrick Micromax A68 & Qmobile Noir A6

Keeping a backup of current working condition of your Android phone is always a must if you play around with your phone
The ROM backup that you will obtain can be flashed any time using SP Flash Tool and your phone will be restored to the condition in which it was when you dumped the ROM. Since rooting is must before dumping ROM, if you flash it again you will still have root.
Please note that you need root permissions to perform the dumping procedure. So don’t try it if your phone is not rooted! Also make sure you have enough space on SD Card as this will store the backup to “backup_v2″ folder on SD card.

Steps to Backup ROM
  • Download this file and extract. You will get a folder “gscript”. In that you will find another folder “bin“, and two files: “back_mt6575_a4_v2d.sh” and “GScriptLite.apk”
  • Open GSript Lite.
  • Go to options and select "Add script"
  • Tick on "Needs SU"..and Press "Load file"
  • Select Your Scrtipt file and press "add".
  • Then You will see your script file at bottom just tap on it.
  • Process of Back up will start Do not press any key until the progress ends.

Now Your backup is completed and should be saved to /mnt/sdcard2/backup_v2.
    This Backup can be restored by two methods
    1. CWM recovery
    2. SP flashtools.

How to Restore VIA CWM Recovery.
CWM recovery for Micromax A68 and Qmobile noir A6 is already posted by me. Download it from this thread
  1. Turn off your phone and start it in recovery mode by pressing volume UP + volume down + power button.
  2. Choose wipe data/factory reset
  3. Go to advanced -> wipe dalvik cache.
  4. Go back again. -> mounts and storage -> format /system
  5. Go back to main menu -> backup and restore -> advanced restore -> restore /system. Choose the folder “BDRS-2013-xx-xx”
  6. Select system image and Confirm it.
Restart the phone. You should have a working and stable Phone
For Hard Bricked Phones
What's needed:
  1. USB data cable
  2. MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
  3. SP Flash Tool Download ( Latest version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01)
First of all, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.

Flashing only part of the ROM
In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).
  • The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.
  • The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode
Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning:
Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.

Here are the files from Qmobile Noir A6 Shared By cellappfreak

Preloader.img
recovery.img
boot.img
logo.img
uboot.img
ebr1.img
ebr2.img
mbr.img

Downlod Dump Files :

http://d-h.st/AO3

http://d-h.st/Z3C

http://www.mediafire.com/?vaq8mrcsq9gszk4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_01_13_12.38.46.jpg
Views:	6914
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1640702   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_01_13_12.38.55.jpg
Views:	6746
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1640706   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_01_13_12.44.02.jpg
Views:	6728
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1640707   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_01_13_12.44.11.jpg
Views:	6709
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1640708   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_01_13_12.53.39.jpg
Views:	6676
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1640715  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UMAIR_ARSHAD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rajit
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down to much !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMAIR_ARSHAD View Post
Keeping a backup of current working condition of your Android phone is always a must if you play around with your phone
The ROM backup that you will obtain can be flashed any time using SP Flash Tool and your phone will be restored to the condition in which it was when you dumped the ROM. Since rooting is must before dumping ROM, if you flash it again you will still have root.
Please note that you need root permissions to perform the dumping procedure. So don’t try it if your phone is not rooted! Also make sure you have enough space on SD Card as this will store the backup to “backup_v2″ folder on SD card.

Steps to Backup ROM
  • Download this file and extract. You will get a folder “gscript”. In that you will find another folder “bin“, and two files: “back_mt6575_a4_v2d.sh” and “GScriptLite.apk”
  • Open GSript Lite.

1. CWM recovery
    2. SP flashtools.

CWM recovery for Micromax A68 and Qmobile noir A6 is already posted by me. Download it from this thread
  1. Turn off your phone and start it in recovery mode by pressing volume UP + volume down + power button.
  5. Go back to main menu -> backup and restore -> advanced restore -> restore /system. Choose the folder “BDRS-2013-xx-xx”

borng dude.... nd also heavy.. post smtng easyest day.

UMAIR_ARSHAD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Can u tell me dear how it is boring?

Sent from my A6 using xda premium

amarjit_rsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Nice tutorial and Thanks for sharing with us
My First Android Phone: Sony Xperia Go
Successfully Rooted Micromax Smarty 4 A68 (SOLD)
Samsung Galaxy STAR GT-S5282 running Jelly Bean 4.1.2(SOLD)
Gionee Pioneer P2 running Jelly Bean 4.2.2

UMAIR_ARSHAD
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks dear.

Sent from my A6 using xda premium

jai khandhar
Old
(Last edited by jai khandhar; 27th January 2013 at 09:08 PM.) Reason: forgot to ask
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMAIR_ARSHAD View Post

Steps to Backup ROM
  • Open GSript Lite.

1. CWM recovery
    2. SP flashtools.

For Hard Bricked Phones
What's needed:
  1. USB data cable
  2. MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
  3. SP Flash Tool Download ( Latest version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01)
First of all, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.

Flashing only part of the ROM
In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).
  • The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.
  • The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode
Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning:
Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.
pls help me with the sp tool i m unable to understand it n my a68 is bricked without CWM so pls help me n also how to go in download mode

jompha
Old
Thanks Meter 4
tried this and bricked my device already. cant even boot on recovery. when i go to Memory Test, it gives error that it cant find External Ram.

can u provide me the download link of backup?

prasad12ka4
Old
Thanks Meter 815

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jompha View Post
tried this and bricked my device already. cant even boot on recovery. when i go to Memory Test, it gives error that it cant find External Ram.

can u provide me the download link of backup?
Go to my signature: Micromax A68

jompha
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad12ka4 View Post
Go to my signature: Micromax A68
sorry. my device is not Micromax A86 or Symphony W60.

Its Symphony W20 with MT6575 Processor. 256MB RAM, 3.5", 512ROM, 2MP Cam

prashantboriwal
Old
Thanks Meter 8
from where can i download drivers???

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

i meant the mediatek vcom drivers....from where can i download it???

Tags
backup, micromax a68, qmobile a6, stock rom, unbrick