XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Having issued installing ROM and wiping data

Tip us?

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Having issued installing ROM and wiping data

Ok, so I rooted my note 2 and installed the devil2 kernel, and dualboted it, in which in the primary ROM I had Stock TouchWiz 4.3 T-Mobile rooted ROM with xposed module installed, and I had accidentally hidden the SuperSU app in hide it pro and then it force closed and I rebooted the system which caused me to get stuck on boot, so I tried wiping data and reinstalling the same ROM but I got an

"error: I/O
error opening /data"

I get that on every recovery I use and every time I try to flash something or wipe data, I'm currently using omnirom 4.4.1 on the secondary ROM partition, but so far the primary ROM partition is unusable and I can't do anything, I was thinking re connecting to Odin and flashing the root .tar I used but idk, also read that a lot of people solved this by wiping internal and external storage, something I REALLY want to avoid...

Any suggestions? Please help, I really want to get the primary ROM partition working again, and my stock T-Mobile 4.3 update running, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

mattlowry
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
You flashed the wrong kernel for 4.3 touchwiz. Last I checked the dual boot kernel wasn't compatible

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlowry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlowry View Post
You flashed the wrong kernel for 4.3 touchwiz. Last I checked the dual boot kernel wasn't compatible

No, cause it was working fine for 2 days straight, besides, touchwiz or not, it wont let me wipe data to install a new rom, it says succeeded but i always end up stuck at boot. If you want i can send you a log file of the twrp trying to wipe data, install rom and fixing permissions

mattlowry
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosnoventa View Post
No, cause it was working fine for 2 days straight, besides, touchwiz or not, it wont let me wipe data to install a new rom, it says succeeded but i always end up stuck at boot. If you want i can send you a log file of the twrp trying to wipe data, install rom and fixing permissions
You may want to try using odin to go to completely stock and rerooting

The Following User Says Thank You to mattlowry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
You may want to try using odin to go to completely stock and rerooting

how exactly do i revert to stock? and will that delete my internal/external sd data?

mattlowry
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
how exactly do i revert to stock? and will that delete my internal/external sd data?
Use the factory image from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2102380

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Use the factory image from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2102380

thnx mann, apprecciate it

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
it bricked my phone cause at the end of the odin factory image flash it says fail and in the phone screen in download mode it says unsupported verion...

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
it bricked my phone cause at the end of the odin factory image flash it says fail and in the phone screen in download mode it says unsupported verion...
nevermind, i found the factory image for the stock 4.3 which, my guess was the issue, that should doit tho, thnx 4 everything really

dosnoventa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
nevermind, i found the factory image for the stock 4.3 which, my guess was the issue, that should doit tho, thnx 4 everything really
omfg it fricking worked mann, thank you so much!!

The Following User Says Thank You to dosnoventa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]