XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in Download or Recovery mode

Tip us?

handyman2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Stuck in Download or Recovery mode

My Tab3 (SM-T210R) is stuck in either Download or Recovery mode.

I was loading "prerooted.tar.md5" when Odin 3.07 froze. I let is sit for over an hour, battery was fully charged.

Since then I have tried loading other ROMs like T210RUEMG4 using Odin with no luck. It usually, but not always, gets hung up on "Get Mapping for PIT." I was able to get CWM v6.0.4.5 Recovery to load. Now when I turn on, boot, or reboot the Tab, it only goes to Recovery. If I use CWM to power off, I can make it start in Download mode and Odin will see it, but Odin will not complete a download. I loaded Rocket Tab2.0.zip onto the SD card and installed in recovery mode -- said it installed successfully but still no joy.

I have tried several unbricking methods from this forum. Perhaps I have missed something.

How do I fix this?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Benzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I'd download the stock rom from samfirmware.com and flash it with odin. It should get past the pit file error.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium HD app
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USA Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 USA Wi-Fi

If I have helped you in any way Please use the "Thanks" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Benzoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

handyman2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your reply.

I did as you suggested, but Odin hangs up while loading the .img files. Sometimes it freezes at hidden.img or cache.img or system.img. I have waited, sometimes for hours, but it won't finish.

I have disable my antivirus and unchecked Auto Reboot in Odin.

Currently, the Tab will only reboot to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Keis & try again." (I have tried this also. No different.)

Any ideas?

gr8nole
Old
Thanks Meter 1606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman2 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I did as you suggested, but Odin hangs up while loading the .img files. Sometimes it freezes at hidden.img or cache.img or system.img. I have waited, sometimes for hours, but it won't finish.

I have disable my antivirus and unchecked Auto Reboot in Odin.

Currently, the Tab will only reboot to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Keis & try again." (I have tried this also. No different.)

Any ideas?
If you want to return to stock, do not uncheck auto reboot.

Also try using a different computer or a different usb port on your computer.

Odin will still work on the screen about the "firmware upgrade encountered".

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4
>>>>------;;;;----->

The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

handyman2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the input.

I switched from an XP machine to freshly loaded win7 machine and it flashed!

Now I have the flicker problem. I've seen a few post on this, so I'll work from there.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to handyman2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr8nole
Old
Thanks Meter 1606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman2 View Post
Thanks for the input.

I switched from an XP machine to freshly loaded win7 machine and it flashed!

Now I have the flicker problem. I've seen a few post on this, so I'll work from there.

Thanks again.
I would start by downloading and flashing the the latest stock firmware using Odin, then just install a custom recovery (such as CWM or TWRP) and use the root.zip included in those threads.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4
>>>>------;;;;----->

handyman2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Got it back to stock using Keis "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation" then used Odin for CWM and the armeabi-universal-root, all on a Win7 machine.

Worked like a charm. Sweet.

All help very much appreciated.