[APP][SHARE] YouTube 5.3.23 [New Features, Minor UI changes, etc.]
Hey guys I just found out about YouTube v5.0.21! Its a recently released update for the existing YouTube app and comes with lots of new features with a completely redesigned UI... And do note that I have personally tried this app before making this thread
UPDATE: Version 5.3.23 is OUT! Changelog, Feature list, Download link(s) and more Information can be found here!
With YouTube 5.0.21 for Android, Google has completely redesigned the entire UI and also added a lot of rich features which makes the app even more useful by making it more easier for you to watch videos. After using the app for a while, I can definitively say that the experience of watching YouTube videos has highly improved...
The biggest change you might see is an updated layout – it still has the side panel for navigating your channels and trending videos, but the colors are more light and contrasted now than they were before. It is definitely a more polished UI. The second major change is the ability to watch videos while still browsing through the app for other videos. Yep, that’s groundbreaking.
To try it out just Download and Install it like a Normal .apk file but do note that this will replace your existing YouTube app... So before trying it out, I strongly recommend that you backup your current version of YouTube first (use Titanium Backup or any other app for backup)...
This update will gradually be rolled out very soon, although some people have already received the update via Google Play, most people still didn't get it, so that's why I have created this thread.... Anyways the main highlights of YouTube 5.0.21 are:
- New design for Android phones and tablets. A brand new card-based UI which makes the app look better than ever before.
- A brand new app icon which looks much better than the old one in my opinion
- MULTITASKING (basically you can make any video you're watching turn into a small window on the bottom right by swiping it down, pressing the down arrow in the top left corner, or by simply pressing the Back button. Not only that, you can then navigate the app while the video is playing)
- Quick access to history, favorites, playlists, uploads, and watch later right in the slide-out menu.
- You can now search for playlists.
- You no longer need to tap the down arrow on the video page to give thumbs up, thumbs down, or flag.
- The HD and CC toggles have moved from the bottom left edge of the video to the menu.
- YouTube now honors the global auto-rotate setting and doesn't flip to landscape if auto-rotate is off. However, there's now a button in the bottom right corner of the video to force the landscape full-screen mode if you want it. I think it's the ideal solution to this previously controversial situation.
- And much more!
VIDEO PREVIEW AND REVIEW:
The following screenshots were taken in my Phone....
Do note that this app will work on any Android device running Froyo and Up, so obviously any Galaxy S Advance user running either Jellybean or Gingerbread can install this update....
Although you can now directly get the app from Google Play store, you can still use any of the links below to directly download the app without a Google account or a Google Play store app
Below are the Direct Download links and mirrors too:
HOW TO FIX "NO PROGRESS BAR" BUG:
If you are having a "no progress bar" bug while watching a video in landscape mode then there is a very easy fix for it...
To get rid of the bug then please do the following steps mentioned:
1. Open Settings app > Application Manager > Switch to "All" tab.
2. Then keep scrolling down till you find YouTube app.
3. Then tap on "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" to reset the app to install status.
This should fix that bug but you will have to sign in with your Gmail account again.
If that too didnt work then just delete the YouTube app from System > app folder and download the app again so that you can push it back to System > app again (but root is required to do that)
You can also use SDMaid or Titanium Backup to reset the app to install status (but root is required to do that)...
THANKS AND CREDITS:
I'd like to thank Android Police for sharing this with us.. I just randomly found out about this while looking for contents to update my Website... So yeah a very big thanks to them.. Here's the link to the original article...
Sharing a tablet or phone isn’t anything unusual. Phones very often serve as relaxation … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?