iakovl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] need help flashing new rom for HBOOT 0.43.0003

a friend gave me his legend so i can update it to a better rom
i'm planing on CM7.2 KANG build

the phone is stock, from local operator...
S-ON
HBOOT: 0.43.0003
RADIO: 7.08.35.21
FW: 2.1-update1
baseband: 47.39.35.09U_7.08.35.21
build: 2.05.461.52 CL218650

i know that i can SOFF it via a tool HTC has released but i also know that i don't really need it and i can use CM even with C-ON (am i right?)

most root guides i see are for 1.01 and not 0.43 so i prefer asking then killing the phone

QUBiCA
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You don't want to unlock the bootloader with HTC's tool! You can flash the Alpharev bootloader! That one allows everything, even downgrading.
REMEMBER: ROOTING WILL VOID WARRANTY AND YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSEBILITY!!

To root if you have S-OFF:

- First download any rooted rom (eg the 7.2 KANG rom) and CWM recovery (You want the S-OFF .img file): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1290841 Put the rooted ROM on your SD card. You'l need the recovery later.

- Download fastboot (I uploaded it for you to make it easier: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33521967/fastboot.exe) Then put fastboot in a folder. Also put the CWM recovery image in the same folder as fastboot.exe. Then do Shift + Right click on the folder and chose "open command prompt here" then do
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-legend.img

Now turn of your phone then press volume down + power at the same time. Navigate to recovery using the volume buttons. Then press the power button. Now the phone should boot in Clockworkmod recovery.

Now you can use the trackball of your phone to scroll down to install zip from SD card en click on the trackball to choose that option. Now select choose zip from SD card. Now you'll see the contents of your SD card. Scroll down the .zip file of the rooted ROM you downloaded and click on the trackball again. Now choose Yes - Install ............. (WARNING THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON THE PHONE!) after a succesfull install of the ROM you have a rooted device!

iakovl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
i tried Alpharev made problems
i used this guide to downgrade to 1.13 and root
http://theunlockr.com/2010/06/07/how...he-htc-legend/

in the CWM S-on option
do i rename the zip file to update.zip?

QUBiCA
Old
(Last edited by QUBiCA; 19th February 2012 at 04:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
If you don't want S-OFF you can use that guide the unlocker. And if you use the S-ON CWM then you use FakeFlash, You have to rename the CWM zip package to update.zip, boot up in recovery, then select update.zip, you'll get CWM recovery.

But if you want S-OFF, what problems do you have with Alpharev? With S-OFF it's way easier, you don't need to downgrade ur ROM, you can just flash anything, like I said in my previous post.

iakovl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
ITS ALIVE!!!
thx for all the help... got it to run with normal nightly CM7

elghandor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
mine is s-on
how to make it s-off
hboot is 0.43

hetch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i need help hboot and rom

I recently deleted everything in my htc one x device and now i want to start a fresh, i find difficulties in getting my phone to work which rom to nsta;ll or what todo

alligator_asl
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetch View Post
I recently deleted everything in my htc one x device ...
But here is the HTC Legend Forum ...
Nexus7(2013) flo , stock rom; Android 4.4.2; Kernel 3.4.0-gac9222c (stock kernel); Buildnr. KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562, rooted; Android 4.0.4 / PMP Ultra ROM v7.4 from Mohitash ; Basisbandversion S7562XXBMJ1
semi-retired: HTC Legend, rooted / Hboot 1.02, unlocked; ROM "[UNOFFICIAL] CM9.1 BETA8 for Legend" from zeubea ; Radio 47.51.35.17_7.13.35.05

ranger4740
Old
Thanks Meter 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetch View Post
I recently deleted everything in my htc one x device and now i want to start a fresh, i find difficulties in getting my phone to work which rom to nsta;ll or what todo
A really great rom is the one for YOUR phone and not one for HTC legend. hahaha you need to pay attention and look at what your doing or you'll end up bricking your phone

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Update: 8th April 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4 👉😆😄Echoe rom v20😄😆👈
Still on old BMG4 Boobloader + FNBH Baseband.👍

semi-retired
HTC Desire HD
(Hboot 2.00.0029 AND S-OFF)
SVHD V 2.1.0

Retired HTC Legend

Tags
0.43, cm7.2, cyanogen, kang, root