HTC Legend Update Hboot to 1.02 from 1.00

Tip us?

Alpha_Tester@1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Unhappy HTC Legend Update Hboot to 1.02 from 1.00

Hey Guys,

Im trying to update my hboot to 1.02 from 1.00. I wanted to test the JB Rom & ICS Roms for Legend........ i heard the only way to update the hboot is to go to the stock unrooted rom by using the RUU and then update the mobile software via OTA which automatically updates the hboot.... ( Well thts wat i knw........ im a really big noob here and only done a few rom flashed here and there ) ............. i also wanted to unlock the bootloader too using the HTC Dev......... both require me to go back to the original stock through RUU........... But here is the prob......... when i run the RUU my phone gets stuck on the black HTC Logo screen....... and the RUU gives the 171 or 170 error....... if i unplug the usb cable i get the hboot screen with RUU highlighted but there is no forward from there and i have to remove battery and put it back again for the phone to operate. Yes i did search google and XDA for similar problems..read, re-read all the solutions posted...

Already tried solutions:

1. one solution posted here was to run the RUU again while on the black HTC Logo screen....... i tried that as well....... but then the RUU gets stuck at the "Verifying information on PDA Phone" message and give a 170 or 171 error again....

2. i changed the USB port from front to back and have tried all the back ports too..... (PS. ADB also doesn't read my phone at the black HTC logo screen.......... but it does read my phone while it is connected normally with USB Debug)

3. I've also replaced the USB cable with brand new one so i dont think the problem lies there........

So am i just stuck or is there still hope for this poor, lost soul......

i am using the ExtremeLegendFuse 2 Rom with the CPU Overclocked at 806Mhz no problems there...... works like a charm.....with all the Pure Mods

(Pure_Audio
Pure_Graphics
Pure_Preformance .....

Credits
zeppelinrox for his V6
ImbaWind for his parts of Adrenaline Engine
Exit_Only for his Turbo concepts, there aren't any parts of his work in mine
idcrisis for his CrossBreeder
nicolassp for his S1_Optimize

All credits goes to these people

L.E.D 26 for his support
Me, Jeeko for the rest)

alligator_asl
Old
(Last edited by alligator_asl; 4th December 2013 at 10:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Hello,
Try BlaY0's method from this thread, load the zip from post #24 and follow the instructions from post #62 .
You can also use the LEGEIMG.zip from the attachment, copy it to the SD-card and use it with the instructions from post #62.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LEGEIMG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (211.3 KB, 35 views)
Nexus7(2013) flo , stock rom; Android 4.4.2; Kernel 3.4.0-gac9222c (stock kernel); Buildnr. KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562, rooted; Android 4.0.4 / PMP Ultra ROM v7.4 from Mohitash ; Basisbandversion S7562XXBMJ1
semi-retired: HTC Legend, rooted / Hboot 1.02, unlocked; ROM "[UNOFFICIAL] CM9.1 BETA8 for Legend" from zeubea ; Radio 47.51.35.17_7.13.35.05
The Following User Says Thank You to alligator_asl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alpha_Tester@1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Oh..... Thank You soo much for the fast reply!! ill try it now and see if it works!!

Alpha_Tester@1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Yes!!!!! Thank you!!!! Its done and im rollin with cm10!!!! Thanks again!!!