Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DUMP][DEVS ONLY] Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition

Tip us?
 
LordManhattan
Old
(Last edited by LordManhattan; 17th December 2013 at 09:47 PM.)
#1  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Default [DUMP][DEVS ONLY] Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition

Android 4.4

Here's the system dump from the Sony Z Ultra GPE. All credits goes to @sfagundes (speak up if you or someone else are missing)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH. THIS IS FOR DEVS ONLY.

- Download (Mega)
- Download (Dev-Host)

Android 4.4.2

Many thanks to @graffixnyc for the pre-rooted 4.4.2 dump! Use at your own risk.

- Download (Dev-Host)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reb0rn
Old
#2  
Reb0rn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 736
Posts: 1,755
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alingsås

 
DONATE TO ME
Oooo I think I made a flashable zip of /system ... This night I will play.



Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4
Phone: Sony Xperia z2 16GB White
History: Too long to rabble here...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reb0rn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LordManhattan
Old
#3  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
Oooo I think I made a flashable zip of /system ... This night I will play.



Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4
Aww man, it's on! Just be careful and don't brick it though (not that it'll happen). Keep us posted!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mr. Droid
Old
#4  
Mr. Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 1,275
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
Oooo I think I made a flashable zip of /system ... This night I will play.



Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4
Post a link or pm lol

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4
 
PaceyPimps
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 54
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bay Shore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Here's the system dump from the Sony Z Ultra GPE. All credits goes to @sfagundes and @Bin4ry (speak up if you or someone else are missing)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH. THIS IS FOR DEVS ONLY.

- Download (Mega)
- Download (Dev-Host)

To the mods: Please move if this is posted in the wrong section, or remove it entirely if it breaks any rules.
Will it not work out of the box since it is the same hardware of the c6802?
 
LordManhattan
Old
#6  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceyPimps View Post
Will it not work out of the box since it is the same hardware of the c6802?
No, this is only for devs so they can use it in their own ROMs, or if they want to use this on its own. It is not possible to flash this as it is right now, so you'll have to wait
 
hamdogg
Old
#7  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 996
Posts: 1,507
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceyPimps View Post
Will it not work out of the box since it is the same hardware of the c6802?
It's the system folder. So you'd need to create a series of instructions on where everything goes, permissions, root, and recovery reflashed... (i.e. flashable zip)

48 hours and I bet someone will have it working. I'm not able to at the moment. I think most of you know why..
 
YrrchSebor
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 293
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Would it work to flash the system.img thru fastboot? (And boot.img if necessary)

On the Galaxy S4, we flashed the GE rom, but had to use a touchwiz kernel. Not sure how it would work on the Ultra..
 
hamdogg
Old
#9  
hamdogg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 996
Posts: 1,507
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmemma16 View Post
Would it work to flash the system.img thru fastboot? (And boot.img if necessary)

On the Galaxy S4, we flashed the GE rom, but had to use a touchwiz kernel. Not sure how it would work on the Ultra..
Inside a system.img will usually be 3 different compressed files. (depending on the phone)
Only one of these files will contain all the folders that we are usually familiar with:

app
bin
etc
fonts
lib
media
...


Its best to wait and see what Sony have done with the GPe devices. Probably nothing has changed, and partition info will be the same... but there could be a couple of changes that may brick your device. It's very unlikely, however I'd recommend not flashing the system.img without know exactly whats in there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reb0rn
Old
(Last edited by Reb0rn; 15th December 2013 at 09:22 AM.) Reason: progress...
#10  
Reb0rn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 736
Posts: 1,755
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alingsås

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdogg View Post
Inside a system.img will usually be 3 different compressed files. (depending on the phone)
Only one of these files will contain all the folders that we are usually familiar with:

app
bin
etc
fonts
lib
media
...


Its best to wait and see what Sony have done with the GPe devices. Probably nothing has changed, and partition info will be the same... but there could be a couple of changes that may brick your device. It's very unlikely, however I'd recommend not flashing the system.img without know exactly whats in there.

If no one tries anything nothing will be gained

Now then. I got the GPe to boot on my Xperia. Too see what works and what not

edit: Well its buggy... and i think it has to do with me using krabappel's 4.4 kernel. Not sure how much i dare goof around with this Playing away...
Phone: Sony Xperia z2 16GB White
History: Too long to rabble here...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reb0rn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes