XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Requesting Help With Bootlooping E970

Tip us?

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Question [Q] Requesting Help With Bootlooping E970

Hey guys. I am not from around here. You will normally find me hanging out in the Nexus forums. I need some help trying to correct an issue my noob buddy caused on his E970. He brought it to me today in a boot loop and apparently he rooted it an uninstalled some GAPPS and now he has this security error and BL. Now, so far I have managed to install the drivers..... that's it. I have worked on a variety of different devices but I am really having trouble with this. I think the issue is I can not find a thread that is comprehensive enough to explain what alot of the different tools are and what they do. I mean there is

1. LGNPST
2. Teenybin
3. Freegee or something like that

Then there about 14 different file types depending on the tool you are using. I have seen;

1. dll
2. bin
3. kdz
4. tot

I have to be honest with you guys this is confusing as hell. I keep coming across dead links and old downloads and stuff that may not work. I REALLY don't like using stuff not linked from XDA as that is all I've known for many years (not to say other sites aren't reputable but you never know) I can follow instructions and figure out most stuff on my own but due to the in completion of alot of this stuff and dead links I am kinda stuck I am gonna give it another go tomorrow but in the meantime if someone wants to drop me a link or word of advice as to where to at least start it would be awesome. I am pretty handy generally with this kind of thing but I guess that goes to show you sometimes you are only as good as the tools and directions you are working with. Thanks XDA Community!

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 507
Okay the first three.
3.lgnpst is the program you will need to use to fix the security error which was caused by removing bloat without unlocking bootloader.
2.teenybin is used with lgnpst to unlock bootloader, update partitions to jb, and install recovery. It doesn't install firmware but could be used to restore if a rom was copied to sd to flash.
3.freegee is used to unlock bootloader and install recovery on a working phone.

Next four.
1.dll are files needed by windows.
2.bin is the extension the file needs to be for using lgnpst.
3.kdz is stock firmware for use with lgflashtool (used mainly for international phones)
4.tot is the extension the stock firmware is released with which will be renamed to bin before using lgnpst.

In the additional info section of teenbin thread there is a click to show content button that will have have links and guide for lgnpst. Use the tSilenzio version and it will register the DLL files on install.
Link to stock jb for use with lgnpst http://downloads.codefi.re/g33k3r/LG...AR-08-2013.zip.
Link to teenybin thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230994.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 507
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=lg-optimus-g link to irc for Optimus G.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
Okay the first three.
3.lgnpst is the program you will need to use to fix the security error which was caused by removing bloat without unlocking bootloader.
2.teenybin is used with lgnpst to unlock bootloader, update partitions to jb, and install recovery. It doesn't install firmware but could be used to restore if a rom was copied to sd to flash.
3.freegee is used to unlock bootloader and install recovery on a working phone.

Next four.
1.dll are files needed by windows.
2.bin is the extension the file needs to be for using lgnpst.
3.kdz is stock firmware for use with lgflashtool (used mainly for international phones)
4.tot is the extension the stock firmware is released with which will be renamed to bin before using lgnpst.

In the additional info section of teenbin thread there is a click to show content button that will have have links and guide for lgnpst. Use the tSilenzio version and it will register the DLL files on install.
Link to stock jb for use with lgnpst http://downloads.codefi.re/g33k3r/LG...AR-08-2013.zip.
Link to teenybin thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230994.
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. Someone just to say "these are what these things are and what they do". I do have to admit I don't fault my buddy too much for soft bricking this thing as of all the devices I've rooted or flashed to this seems the most confusing. And also it's very odd that if you remove BW without first unlocking the bootloader you get this error..... Why can't they all just be as easy as a Nexus? Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama View Post
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. Someone just to say "these are what these things are and what they do". I do have to admit I don't fault my buddy too much for soft bricking this thing as of all the devices I've rooted or flashed to this seems the most confusing. And also it's very odd that if you remove BW without first unlocking the bootloader you get this error..... Why can't they all just be as easy as a Nexus? Lol.

A few other things that may help.
1.lgnpst is a pain with windows 8
2.it will not work with USB 3.0
3.be sure to right click lgnpst exe and run as admin

I got my OG right after release but had already been following forum, and would hate to have to jump in now and try to figure things out.

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
A few other things that may help.
1.lgnpst is a pain with windows 8
2.it will not work with USB 3.0
3.be sure to right click lgnpst exe and run as admin

I got my OG right after release but had already been following forum, and would hate to have to jump in now and try to figure things out.
Well its especially difficult when someone just brings you a phone and you've never even seen it booted up and you don't know all the weird quirky rules it has (like if you uninstall GAPPS without unlocking the bootloader then you get a bootloop.) lol Otherwise it seems like a solid phone. It has almost the same specs as my Nexus 4.

adfurgerson
Old
Thanks Meter 507
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2067871
This link is for a flashable zip of rooted stock jb. If you used the teenybin files with lgnpst then flashed it with recovery the end result would be stock rom with unlocked bootloader, root, and custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcnbama
Old
(Last edited by jcnbama; 14th December 2013 at 10:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2067871
This link is for a flashable zip of rooted stock jb. If you used the teenybin files with lgnpst then flashed it with recovery the end result would be stock rom with unlocked bootloader, root, and custom recovery.
Thanka I will look into this.! :thumbup:

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Real quick.... So once I've got everything back to stock and get the boot loader unlocked.. Will I then be able to modify system stuff, uninstall bloat etc and avoid that evil security error boot loop?

ZachIsLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama View Post
Real quick.... So once I've got everything back to stock and get the boot loader unlocked.. Will I then be able to modify system stuff, uninstall bloat etc and avoid that evil security error boot loop?

Yes, once you're unlocked & rooted you will be good to go. I would recommend flashing an established rom and installing the GApps that are recommended. It would be a lot more convenient and less of a hassle.

Make sure you are using TWRP, CWM was causing bugs with flashing of some roms. Hope this helps.