5,596,354 Members 38,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM with the least battery consumption?

Tip us?

theregkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] ROM with the least battery consumption?

The title says it all, lately I have been having battery problems. I have removed most of the apps I had, been using deep sleep, and I kill all running tasks. I think its my ROM.

I am running Pacman 4.3

blenkows
Old
Thanks Meter 123
There are WAY too many factors at play when it comes to battery life to really narrow it down to a "best ROM". Keep your screen dark, turn off location services and data when not using them, avoid poor wifi connections in settings, set screen timeout to shortest possible, etc...

Do your best at minimizing battery loss. Keep in mind, this is a small computer. It WILL suck a lot of battery. There is no magic app to give you days of use. The ROM you run really won't make much of a difference. It's the services and how you maintain your battery that will.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blenkows For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OMGMatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 83
In my experience, Houstonn's 4.3 PA and stock 4.4 builds have been the lightest on battery.

Though, At this time, Any 4.4 is good.
Main Phone: LG Optimus G E970, 4.1.2

Digil
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGMatrix View Post
In my experience, Houstonn's 4.3 PA and stock 4.4 builds have been the lightest on battery.

Though, At this time, Any 4.4 is good.
I second the fact that houstonn's 4.4 AOSP build is the best battery performance I've seen.

DraginMagik
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Have you tried using greenify or better battery stats?

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
dM
"...and it's also a phone."

LG Optimus G (E970)
Carbon ROM 4.3 w/ TWRP v2.6
64GB sdcard formatted with exFat

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by blenkows View Post
Keep your screen dark, turn off location services and data when not using them, avoid poor wifi connections in settings, set screen timeout to shortest possible, etc...
The two biggest battery consumers are the screen and the data radios. Anything you can do to decrease y the battery usage of those two will give you the best battery life.

Quote:
There is no magic app to give you days of use. The ROM you run really won't make much of a difference. It's the services and how you maintain your battery that will.
To that end, an app like JuiceDefender configured to manage the days radios can go a long way to extending battery life.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

ZachIsLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed SlimKat 4.4.2 beta 1.6 WEEKLY and the battery has been outstanding. I use JuiceDefender Ultimate and lower screen brightness along with limited connectivity when the screen is off. Unplugged for 8 hrs and used for at least 4 today. I'm still over 70%!

I haven't had any bugs, random reboots, or force closes.. SlimKat is a great build thus far!