XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast with Note 3

Tip us?

Jmoney707
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Chromecast with Note 3

I'm a little lost here can you use chromecast to stream videos using the stock video app that comes with the note 3??

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoney707 View Post
I'm a little lost here can you use chromecast to stream videos using the stock video app that comes with the note 3??
Stock video app - only if you have a rooted Chromecast and use the specific version of AllCast (see FAQ).
Otherwise you can use Avia (paid option) or RealPlayer Cloud.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

Jmoney707
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ohh OK Kool thank you very much

VanillaG0rilla
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Chances are your chromecast got updated when you first plugged it in and the root won't work now.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

jsdecker10
Old
(Last edited by jsdecker10; 11th January 2014 at 03:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoney707 View Post

I've also been a VERY proud owner of a Galaxy Note 3 since around early to mid-October when it was first released. All Chromecast-enabled apps have worked just fine on my phone **SO FAR**. As far as I can remember, I've never had a single issue casting from my Note 3, even with the "working" version of Koushik's AllCast/AirCast app. Everything has been just fine and problem-free thus far!!(As far as I know....*[1.]My fingers have remained crossed since I bought this phone back in October. ...&... [2.]This wooden desk has had a small knuckle-sized hole 'knocked' straight through it!!* LOL). But yea, as far as the "stock" Samsung Video app goes, as long as your Chromecast has been rooted and you've installed the correct, "working" version of Koushik Dutta's AllCast/AirCast app onto your phone, you *should* be able to just open up the Video app, locate your video that you're wanting to cast(Google's Chromecast PREFERS for "casted" videos to have the .mp4 file extension and also to have been encoded using the H264 video codec and the AAC audio codec.), and finallllllly, locate and press the "Share to AllCast" button up at the top of the app(If you don't happen to see the "Share to AllCast" icon up at the top of the Videos app, you just MAY have to click on the little 2 or 3 pronged "Share to..." button up at the top of the app instead and just scroll down the list that pops up to locate the AllCast app.). Assuming that your Chromecast has already been properly rooted and the correct version of "AllCast" has been installed, your video(Also assuming that the video has been properly encoded in the H264/AAC codecs.) *SHOULLLDDD* start playing on your tv screen in all its beauty (...with an echo ringing throughout your house/apartment/trailer/cardboard box(I'm TOTALLY J/K about this one!!) coming from your Chromecast sounding eerily like Tarzan in the jungle!! Lol!!).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk