Sensation 4g stuck in 2g

Tip us?

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Sensation 4g stuck in 2g

I have a HTC Sensation 4g that i got and repaired and switched over to it from my inspire 4g. My inspire would hit 3g great where i am and beyond it at times. So i thought the Sensation 4g would be the same but so far all it will do is 2g for some reason. Have checked APN, making sure WCDMA preferred is set and nothing still 2g but can take my sim stick back in the inspire and bam 3g and more....Not really sure what is going on here...Have searched alot but have not found any real answers yet and hoping perhaps somebody here might know something...So far i have learned a great deal about the android system from here and hoping there is something that can be done. Really like the sensation so far except for the fact its only got a 2g connection...Thought it could be the sim card but then it would not work in my inspire then, so that is ruled out....also went as far as trying different roms thinking maybe different firmware maybe, but nope nothing so far at all. It is rooted and S-off if that matters. Currently has 3.32 firmware and unlocked. Currently running Revalation. If anymore information is needed let me know.....

Far_SighT
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477 View Post
I have a HTC Sensation 4g that i got and repaired and switched over to it from my inspire 4g. My inspire would hit 3g great where i am and beyond it at times. So i thought the Sensation 4g would be the same but so far all it will do is 2g for some reason. Have checked APN, making sure WCDMA preferred is set and nothing still 2g but can take my sim stick back in the inspire and bam 3g and more....Not really sure what is going on here...Have searched alot but have not found any real answers yet and hoping perhaps somebody here might know something...So far i have learned a great deal about the android system from here and hoping there is something that can be done. Really like the sensation so far except for the fact its only got a 2g connection...Thought it could be the sim card but then it would not work in my inspire then, so that is ruled out....also went as far as trying different roms thinking maybe different firmware maybe, but nope nothing so far at all. It is rooted and S-off if that matters. Currently has 3.32 firmware and unlocked. Currently running Revalation. If anymore information is needed let me know.....
Update to 3.33 universal. You can find that on the first post if the help thread. Point 13 I think.

Otherwise, do an Ruu. I would recommend the above, as at the very least, you get the latest radios.

VERIFY MD5 BEFORE FLASHING. Make sure you have 70% or more battery. A wrong flash of 3.33 will get you a hard brick, but don't worry as long as you take above precautions.

Happy to help.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1
The Following User Says Thank You to Far_SighT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_SighT View Post
Update to 3.33 universal. You can find that on the first post if the help thread. Point 13 I think.

Otherwise, do an Ruu. I would recommend the above, as at the very least, you get the latest radios.

VERIFY MD5 BEFORE FLASHING. Make sure you have 70% or more battery. A wrong flash of 3.33 will get you a hard brick, but don't worry as long as you take above precautions.

Happy to help.
Alright thank you for the quick reply. Gonna get right on it will post back later today with a update...

slick97477
Old
(Last edited by slick97477; 15th December 2013 at 10:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Alright thank you for the quick reply. Gonna get right on it will post back later today with a update...
So just got done flashing firmware 3.33 and will include a pic of bootloader. It was successful and it updated radio too...However still only gets 2g signal. So i guess now im gonna hunt for a RUU and see what that does....As a sidenote I did not reflash the revalation rom...I assumed i didn't need to...Please correct me if i am wrong....Just looked at the bootloader image i took...doesn't look like it has the latest radio gonna find it and flash it too(whoops). Will post update....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0001.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	2456775  

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1798
Quote:
So just got done flashing firmware 3.33 and will include a pic of bootloader. It was successful and it updated radio too...However still only gets 2g signal. So i guess now im gonna hunt for a RUU and see what that does....As a sidenote I did not reflash the revalation rom...I assumed i didn't need to...Please correct me if i am wrong....Just looked at the bootloader image i took...doesn't look like it has the latest radio gonna find it and flash it too(whoops). Will post update....
there is no need to reflash revelation rom
go for ruu now and see how it goes

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
there is no need to reflash revelation rom
go for ruu now and see how it goes
The link for the RUU i found on xda is not a link takes me to a dead page

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1798
Quote:
The link for the RUU i found on xda is not a link takes me to a dead page
have you seen this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1672425

PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
S-ON
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
No i haven't thanks

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No i haven't thanks
How odd...Even ran the RUU and it succeeded. Rebooted put in the APN settings and nothing. Still at 2g network. This doesn't make any sense to me at all.

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1798
Quote:
How odd...Even ran the RUU and it succeeded. Rebooted put in the APN settings and nothing. Still at 2g network. This doesn't make any sense to me at all.
check the antenna which is responsible for network
lift them up gently if it is necessary

S-ON