5,595,196 Members 46,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] WiFi Not working with Sultan Kernel CM 10.2

Tip us?
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] [HELP] WiFi Not working with Sultan Kernel CM 10.2

So I installed CyanogenMod 10.2 for my rooted HTC Sensation. I fully wiped the phone before flashing the ROM. Then I flashed all of the GAPPS and SuperSU. Then at the end I also flashed Sultan's kernel r44.5 with the aroma installer. Then I reboot my device for the first time with CM. I finished the setup and everything but I realise my wifi wasn't working. I press on and it does nothing except puts the slider on on but it's not working. I try downloading WiFix because some people said it fixed the problem for them. So any suggestions on what I should do?
 
rzr86
Old
#2  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1798
Posts: 6,017
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinspl2000 View Post
So I installed CyanogenMod 10.2 for my rooted HTC Sensation. I fully wiped the phone before flashing the ROM. Then I flashed all of the GAPPS and SuperSU. Then at the end I also flashed Sultan's kernel r44.5 with the aroma installer. Then I reboot my device for the first time with CM. I finished the setup and everything but I realise my wifi wasn't working. I press on and it does nothing except puts the slider on on but it's not working. I try downloading WiFix because some people said it fixed the problem for them. So any suggestions on what I should do?
did you try to flash the boot.img of the rom via fastboot command?

note: by the way why did you flash supersu?
every custom rom comes pre-rooted

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
did you try to flash the boot.img of the rom via fastboot command?

note: by the way why did you flash supersu?
every custom rom comes pre-rooted
Sorry I forgot to mention that part. I always flash the boot.img since I always get bootloops and boot freezes.
 
rzr86
Old
#4  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1798
Posts: 6,017
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinspl2000 View Post
Sorry I forgot to mention that part. I always flash the boot.img since I always get bootloops and boot freezes.
reflash with full wipe and do not flash the supersu zip
see how it goes

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
reflash with full wipe and do not flash the supersu zip
see how it goes
Still the same ;/
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Definaltely a problem with the kernel. Tried with ViperS sense 5.0 ROM, still a problem with the WiFi. I completely reflashed the ROM without the custom kernel and WiFi worked... Hm... Any suggestions? I also found out that the kernel tweaks some WiFi options. To be exact it was an update to the WiFi driver from Google's 3.0 kernel. Any way to stop the WiFi tweak?
 
rzr86
Old
#7  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1798
Posts: 6,017
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinspl2000 View Post
Definaltely a problem with the kernel. Tried with ViperS sense 5.0 ROM, still a problem with the WiFi. I completely reflashed the ROM without the custom kernel and WiFi worked... Hm... Any suggestions? I also found out that the kernel tweaks some WiFi options. To be exact it was an update to the WiFi driver from Google's 3.0 kernel. Any way to stop the WiFi tweak?
actually in vipers 5.0.0 rom works only one kernel
the one that it is included

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
actually in vipers 5.0.0 rom works only one kernel
the one that it is included
Yeah, but there is a special version of the Sultan kernel that works with the viperS. The author of the sultan kernel said he got help from SebastianFM to make it work with the viperS rom. Soo... yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to kevinspl2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rzr86
Old
#9  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1798
Posts: 6,017
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nafpaktos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinspl2000 View Post
Yeah, but there is a special version of the Sultan kernel that works with the viperS. The author of the sultan kernel said he got help from SebastianFM to make it work with the viperS rom. Soo... yeah
i didn't know that
but why he didn't publish it in the forum?

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
 
kevinspl2000
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
i didn't know that
but why he didn't publish it in the forum?
He did check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2221714

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV

Our smartphones are our lives. They store our contacts, emails, … more

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more