XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera unable to start

Tip us?

ItayPBM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Camera unable to start

Hello guys, my sensation is like 18 months old and several months ago the camera just stopped working. When I try to open it there is a message that says "unable to start camera".
I'm sure that it's not a software problem, I switched roms, wiped everything, restored, anything. Another weird thing is that every once in a while the camera works for few minutes or more, and then the problem returns. I'm considering buying a new camera from eBay and install it myself but I'm not sure it'll solve it & I'm afraid to ruin the device. Any help please?

Sent from my HTCSensation using xda app-developers app

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItayPBM View Post
Hello guys, my sensation is like 18 months old and several months ago the camera just stopped working. When I try to open it there is a message that says "unable to start camera".
I'm sure that it's not a software problem, I switched roms, wiped everything, restored, anything. Another weird thing is that every once in a while the camera works for few minutes or more, and then the problem returns. I'm considering buying a new camera from eBay and install it myself but I'm not sure it'll solve it & I'm afraid to ruin the device. Any help please?

Have you ever dropped your phone before? You might have caused hardware damage from dropping it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
HTC One V (August 27th 2012 - August 3rd 2013, still own) -> LG Nexus 4 (August 3rd 2013 - January 11th 2014, still own) -> Nokia Lumia 520 (January 11th 2014 - present)

ItayPBM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Of course it's have been dropped accidently from time to time, what's weird to me is that the camera sometime works for very short period and then the problem returns.

blogodoblogodo
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Have u try a RUU.exe to know if it only a ROM issue or hardware issue§???

ItayPBM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I'm sure it wouldn't solve it because I didn't switch ruu and still several weeks ago the camera worked for few hours.

bashirchak
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think it's the software issue try ruu.exe...I believe it will work..if it were hardware related the camera won't function at all...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Far_SighT
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItayPBM View Post
I'm sure it wouldn't solve it because I didn't switch ruu and still several weeks ago the camera worked for few hours.

Try doing a firmware upgrade. Get 3.33 universal, then try again. Or if you're not s off, user rug.

Happy to help.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1

Zeghra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_SighT View Post
Try doing a firmware upgrade. Get 3.33 universal, then try again. Or if you're not s off, user rug.

Happy to help.
Hi,

I have same problem. I did system format and the camera worked for a while. But now even if i do system format, camera doesn't work. I also think it is a software problem. Sometimes camera comes back even when i clean dalvik cache.
When i first noticed camera is not working, i had 4.0.3 android. This is when mobile network didn't work, i restarted phone and network worked, but this was when camera did not start first time.
I have CM 10.2 albinoman887, base band 11.76A.3504.00P_11.24A.3504.31_M

bashirchak
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just flash official Rom using RUU.exe....problem will be solved...I hope so

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ItayPBM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Firmware update didn't work. Where can I download ruu? The downloads on the thread aren't working.