Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Media server app eating battery

Tip us?

Psychoferno
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'll try next time. Thanks.

makamarus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by youresocool View Post
I have the same problem. I have just cleaned the data of Media Storage app, hope it works.
How did u clean the data?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 con Tapatalk 2

thekrstn
Old
(Last edited by thekrstn; 17th December 2013 at 11:18 AM.) Reason: Screenshot added
Thanks Meter 1
Default qcamera2factory might be the culprit

Hi guys,

as mentioned in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2545970

a program called qcamera2factory might be causing this. It shows up as media server in the battery settings (maybe because it calls the media server all the time). This would also explain why snapchat is causing the battery drain, as it is a camera app.

Using Better Battery Stats, it shows that qcamera2factory is clearly keeping my phone from going to deep sleep.

Ideas, anyone?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ToySJ0v.png
The Following User Says Thank You to thekrstn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unlinker
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This happened to me too at least two times.. in both cases I was using the camera before.

thekrstn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried uninstalling different camera/video apps, and Skype was the one causing it. Fixed after a reboot, phone is going to deep sleep again!

Psychoferno
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by youresocool View Post
I have the same problem. I have just cleaned the data of Media Storage app, hope it works.
Today the problem happened again and I had to just wipe the data from the Media Storage app. To find you need to go to settings, applications, and slide to the All tab.

shaftenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 688
I had the same problem from time to time. I freezed Moto Cam and Gallery, used Snap Camera instead, until now no more wakelocks. But I don't know if this is really the cause, will see.

cuddagh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have this problem also. So annoying and frustrating. How are ordinary users supposed to deal with this is? Or even diagnosis it as it seems to be caused by any app vaguely related to the camera. Come on Motorola! How do we report this to them?

akeres1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Inform Motorola

I have told motorola via their live chat about the problem and I was told the customer service representative will be informing the engineers. But to speed up the process it would help if more people reported the problem to Motorola.

shaftenberg
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeres1 View Post
But to speed up the process it would help if more people reported the problem to Motorola.
As this isn't a Motorola problem, I doubt this will help Read here:
https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=37298