[Q] LG L9 P760 Dead - Red Triangle

Search This thread

Gainder

Dec 12, 2013
Dear all,
and thanks in advance to anyone willing to spend some time to help me.

It all started few days ago when I turned off my LG L9 (updated to the last version available for my brand (Italy - TIM), I believe it was Jelly Bean V20C).
When I turned on the phone again, it was stuck on the lg logo.
Then I started to read this forum, and the first thing I tried was the HARD RESET. After that, a sadly image of the android robot with a red triangle lying upon its body appeared.
This image now shows up every time I boot my phone, just after the LG logo.

Then I tried:
- recovery from LG Mobile Support Tool
- followed this guide: [GUIDE] [UNBRICK][ROOT] FLASH Any LG Factory ROM (kdz) WITH OFFLINE FIX
- tried KDZ update tool alone (3GQCT in combination with all modes: DIAG, EMERGENCY, CS_EMERGENCY).

In order to use the Offline fix guide, I run fastboot with option number 2, to upload ICS x-loader and u-boot, otherwise the phone was not recognized by the tool (_IsConnectedPhone(0)).

But in all cases of kdz update, the phone reboots at exactly 90% of the process and after the initial LG logo the red triangle is back again :(.
Harder reset won't work either after the update.

I tried Italian firmware V10A_00, V10B_00, V10C_00, V20C_00, but none of them works.
I noticed that after the update to an ICS firmware, when I try the hard reset procedure, I can see the android recovery image just one frame before the red triangle appears.

I also tried to install a CWM recovery, but without the bootloader unlocked I got a "security error", that went away with a kdz update.
I searched this forum and I think I can't unlock the bootloader with a bricked phone, am I right?

I plan to make a last recovery with the LG Mobile Support Tool and send it to warranty, so that no trace of fastboot manipulations should be visible (right?).

I have read a lot of threads on this forum (and others) before posting here.
If you know of anything I can try, please let me know.

Thank you!

Last edited:

leeall7

Jan 6, 2014
Absolutely the same...

I have this problem, too. Did you find how to fix it?

Last edited:

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
What happens during the recovery with the LG tool? I am sure I read about stopping at 90% and a solution somewhere here... search for it, I dont have the time, sorry...

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

caesar170988

Aug 17, 2013
i have the same issue .
at 90% phone reboots and red triangle dead android appears .
i think its a problem with the drivers . tried this on win 8.1 , 7 and xp on 2 different computers . same results .
i got the same with lg recovery and offline kdz method .
would be very nice to find a fix

Gainder

Dec 12, 2013
I brought the phone to the warranty office. They substituted the "pcb main" so I believe it was an hardware problem.

Nikitos1981

Aug 10, 2014
Hello,
I got the same problem. Using the same methods and got no positive results.
Does someone solve this?

raynmune

Jun 15, 2016
hello my friends. have any of you solved this problem?
i did exactly what op did, and no results.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
I never had a red triangle issue. This probably neans that the bootloader is kocked AND encrypted. In the beginning this was the case with the US T-Mobile variant, and seemingly for all L9s from the final oroduction run. For other phones you needed to flash a certain stock rom, v10a or the first couple of v20s, then unlock the bootloader.

maniecznik

May 12, 2015
I have the same problem, the difference is when i try to flash kdz it gives me error at 50%. I tried all the methods that op does but no succes. I also tried flashing img's manually from fastboot, i tried cwm and twrp as recovery.img and even extracted original kdz to img's and flash every partition manually. The system.img is the main problem cause you can't flash such huge file (1gb) through fastboot. Maybe someone have some idea is there any way to unbrick my phone? Bootloader is locked, and device had no root before brick.