5,594,282 Members 43,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question regarding rooting+custom rom (Australia delivered version)

Tip us?
 
xHerDesire
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default [Q] Question regarding rooting+custom rom (Australia delivered version)

Hi Guys

im new to this whole rooting business, i rooted my S3 when i had it a year ago using odin and that worked flawlessly, but now i've forgotten almost all of it, since the note 3 is a relatively new device, i would like some inputs on it,

1. how do i root it?, best software to use including which one, for an Australia delivered note 3 (if it makes any difference, since there are lots of diff versions and kernals available)
2. i would like to flash to x-note 3 v6.0, will that be okay for the Australian version of the note 3.
3. and the process of installing x-note v6.0 rom onto it.

Thanks alot in advance for any input.
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1254
Posts: 4,381
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHerDesire View Post
Hi Guys

im new to this whole rooting business, i rooted my S3 when i had it a year ago using odin and that worked flawlessly, but now i've forgotten almost all of it, since the note 3 is a relatively new device, i would like some inputs on it,

1. how do i root it?, best software to use including which one, for an Australia delivered note 3 (if it makes any difference, since there are lots of diff versions and kernals available)
2. i would like to flash to x-note 3 v6.0, will that be okay for the Australian version of the note 3.
3. and the process of installing x-note v6.0 rom onto it.

Thanks alot in advance for any input.
First thing is what model number is it
Second thing do you care about tripping Knox
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
xHerDesire
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
First thing is what model number is it
Second thing do you care about tripping Knox
hey, thank you for your reply
obtained by #*1234#
1: AP:N9005XXUBMI7
CP:N9005XXUBI6
CSC:N9005PSBMI1
2. no i don't care if i trip Knox, samsung warranty ain't that great, its not apple.
as long as V6.0 will run stable, i'll be happy.
 
jaythenut
Old
#4  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1254
Posts: 4,381
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHerDesire View Post
hey, thank you for your reply
obtained by #*1234#
1: AP:N9005XXUBMI7
CP:N9005XXUBI6
CSC:N9005PSBMI1
2. no i don't care if i trip Knox, samsung warranty ain't that great, its not apple.
as long as V6.0 will run stable, i'll be happy.
Root with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466423
Here's a little how to http://galaxynote3root.com/galaxy-no...galaxy-note-3/
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
xHerDesire
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
thank you , what about installing CFW and custom roms? which 1 would u recommend?
 
jaythenut
Old
#6  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1254
Posts: 4,381
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHerDesire View Post
thank you , what about installing CFW and custom roms? which 1 would u recommend?
CWM or rwrp here http://galaxynote3root.com/clockworkmodtwrp-recoveries/
Roms i think xnote is for international only not 100% I'm on crash rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535355
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
xHerDesire
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
CWM or rwrp here http://galaxynote3root.com/clockworkmodtwrp-recoveries/
Roms i think xnote is for international only not 100% I'm on crash rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535355
thank you , i think ima go with x-note for mine, if its compatible that is. is there any safety precautions i should know about, in the cases of bricking etc? cause i only just got it, having it bricked wouldn't be fun.

thanks in advance.
 
radicalisto
Old
#8  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1165
Posts: 2,957
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHerDesire View Post
think ima go with x-note for mine, if its compatible that is. is there any safety precautions i should know about, in the cases of bricking etc? cause i only just got it, having it bricked wouldn't be fun.

thanks in advance.
Make a back up. And back up your EFS.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung
 
xHerDesire
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Make a back up. And back up your EFS.
and how do i do that? sorry, i've rooted before but ages back on the S3, so its been a while, i've forgotten >_<.
and obviously the rooting process etc is different, so some guidance would be appreciated very much

Thanks in advance

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes