5,593,793 Members 46,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Buggerit!

Tip us?
 
ryutnm
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Buggerit!

Good evening Ladies & Gents.

Firstly can I say, this site has been my bible, and I am so very very grateful for all the work that everyone has put in to making this site what it is.

Now down to business.

I have an HOX+ and have been flashing for about a year now but still consider myself to be a complete nub! first with hox then i broke it and now hox+. Im in a bit of a predicament.

I flashed a version of aosp 4.4 onto the phone, installed from the zip file, cleared the cache, user data and dalvik.

rebooted, and got stuck in a boot loop.

So i went to my backup and restored from there...

boot loop again.

So i went back into bootloader, then fastboot, and reflashed the viper+ 2.0.1 that I had on before.

But when I got stuck on sending boot

Now im stuck in a boot loop, none of my backups will restore properly.

I fear I am hardbricked as I cant get anything to work...

Any help before I have to be back at work tomorrow would be very helpful! and even more appreciated!

Yours

A very frustrated and stressed British nub
 
ryutnm
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Sorry, also, I have checked through xda and I cant seem to find anything that would explain why I am stuck!
 
Lloir
Old
#3  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6424
Posts: 5,029
Join Date: Mar 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
flash the boot.img

from a welsh person who can't understand why people cannot flash rom's correctly
 
ryutnm
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
flash the boot.img

from a welsh person who can't understand why people cannot flash rom's correctly
I used "fastboot flash boot boot.img" in my cmd, like i always have done, and this time it doesn't want to work...at all
 
Lloir
Old
#5  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6424
Posts: 5,029
Join Date: Mar 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutnm View Post
I used "fastboot flash boot boot.img" in my cmd, like i always have done, and this time it doesn't want to work...at all
you tried fulling wiping? then just flashing the rom + bootimage after
 
ryutnm
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
you tried fulling wiping? then just flashing the rom + bootimage after
No, does that require different fastboot commands?

i have cwm touch recovery installed. Would that make a difference?


Also, could I just say thank you in advance for your help sir!
 
ryutnm
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutnm View Post
No, does that require different fastboot commands?

i have cwm touch recovery installed. Would that make a difference?


Also, could I just say thank you in advance for your help sir!

Unless you mean the user data and cache wipe.

Then yeah i did that
 
Lloir
Old
#8  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6424
Posts: 5,029
Join Date: Mar 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutnm View Post
Unless you mean the user data and cache wipe.

Then yeah i did that
Data/system/cache

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Ghand0ur
Old
#9  
Ghand0ur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 205
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutnm View Post
Good evening Ladies & Gents.

Firstly can I say, this site has been my bible, and I am so very very grateful for all the work that everyone has put in to making this site what it is.

Now down to business.

I have an HOX+ and have been flashing for about a year now but still consider myself to be a complete nub! first with hox then i broke it and now hox+. Im in a bit of a predicament.

I flashed a version of aosp 4.4 onto the phone, installed from the zip file, cleared the cache, user data and dalvik.

rebooted, and got stuck in a boot loop.

So i went to my backup and restored from there...

boot loop again.

So i went back into bootloader, then fastboot, and reflashed the viper+ 2.0.1 that I had on before.

But when I got stuck on sending boot

Now im stuck in a boot loop, none of my backups will restore properly.

I fear I am hardbricked as I cant get anything to work...

Any help before I have to be back at work tomorrow would be very helpful! and even more appreciated!

Yours

A very frustrated and stressed British nub
Well the bootlooping has something to do with not flashing the boot.img stated by yourself and lloir. About that bug of "Sending boot.img", it happens to me but I fix it by running CMD as administrator , If that doesnt work, try using a different usb port. Preferably one directly to pc/laptop rather than using a hub. Try a 3.0usb port first, if that doesnt work then 2.0usb port.

P.S Without S-Off you can't become hardbricked. Till now I didn't see a single person who bricked their HOX+ unless he received an S-Off developer phone..
This community has helped me in ways that one can't imagine. It provided me with the knowledge that will help me to achieve my dream, and I will pay back. I will always try to help those who are in need.

Phone: HTC One X+
CarbonRom (Running the latest Blinkfeed Launcher) ,Philz Recovery

Currently learning: Java
Can't Understand the difference between ROOTING and Unlocking the bootloader? READ THIS
Interested in porting Latest Blinkfeed to the HOX+ ? Read this
 
ryutnm
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
Data/system/cache

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Im now only getting "waiting for device"

which I can only assume means my pc now doesnt even recognise the phone when its booted in bootloader/fastboot usb mode?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...