XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in TWRP

Tip us?

sierrapup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck in TWRP

Kindle Fire HD 7". Rooted. Was running 7.4.7 Installed TWRP and 2nd bootloader and now am stuck in TWRP. Made back up first but says file is not recognized now (of course) Tried reboot, everything. Can't get out of TWRP. When booting, goes to orange kindle sreen, then blue, then orange, then loads TWRP. And this is where I'm stuck. Help appreciated - thanks. And please be nice - I'm a newb!

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
Follow this tutorial and it should have it working soon, the latest os won't boot with 2nd boot loader installed, unless you rip off kinology's freedom boot IMG.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

sierrapup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Follow this tutorial and it should have it working soon, the latest os won't boot with 2nd boot loader installed, unless you rip off kinology's freedom boot IMG.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Tried that - everytime I try to load the drivers it says the files are bad and it won't recognize my device

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
Are you on windows 8? Because if its saying something about the signature, you have to disable signature enforcement. If you give me an exact error I can be more helpful.

My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

sierrapup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you on windows 8? Because if its saying something about the signature, you have to disable signature enforcement. If you give me an exact error I can be more helpful.

Yes, I am on windows 8. Error message:
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it
Android ADB Interface
The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.

thanks

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
You need to disable windows 8 driver signature enforcement, look it up on Google, once you have done that it should install just fine.

sierrapup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You need to disable windows 8 driver signature enforcement, look it up on Google, once you have done that it should install just fine.

Got it! Woohoo! Thank so much!

sierrapup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

one more question - I'm running CM10.1 now - but what if want to get back to stock?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 498

DONATE TO ME
There's a stock ROM in the development section, just wipe the same things you wiped before flashing cm( factory reset, cache, dalvik cache, and system), then flash the stock ROM.

bbmaniac32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry , did I read ok? You was running 7.4.7? 7.4.7 Works with TWRP now a day? What versión?