Android 4.4

Tip us?

ganon11000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Default Android 4.4

Since Android 4.4 has low system requirements, do you think anyone will make a rom for our device?

as for NEON, Tonyp managed to make 4.3 work so I'm guessing it is possible with 4.4?
Nexus 4 8GB - Purity KitKat v19/01
LG Optimus 2X - TonyP The ROM v27
The Following User Says Thank You to ganon11000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stephan van der Molen
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default KittKatt would be awesome!

I sure hope someone will... I think it might run a lot better than jellybean versions considering the memory requirements... I just hope that not too much has changed 'under the hood' to make it work with current drivers. LG will never release new drivers.
To anyone who tries: Good luck and well done!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephan van der Molen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

60nine
Old
Thanks Meter 518
Tonyp's 2 cents about kitkat
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1086

this is a main topic on o2x forum... use a search a bit before opening a new thread
Enjoy my mixes and drop a comment there if you like them: www.soundcloud.com/60nine or www.mixcrate.com/60nine

- LG Optimus 2x - TonyP's "The Rom" build 27 + Kowalski kernel 3.1 alpha 28
- Prestigio Multipad PMP7100D - JB4.1.1

NoelBonel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, we hope so...if pengus77 and tonyp doesn't hit a roadblock with android 4.4 sources. Well be satisfied with we have right now. Android 4.3 for our phones is doing great.

Custom40
Old
(Last edited by Custom40; 2nd November 2013 at 03:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 897
Wrong thread.

tuncay_93
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Really hope for a 4.4 ROM that would be GREAT
Out there are alredy custom AOSP roms on the nexus 4 i think and the HTC one i read that on google
But i reckon it will be possible for most devices with cyanogenmod[COLOR="Silver"]

NoDze
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
You all do realize that this ain't such an easy thing to accomplish? Aside the "low memory requirement" that 4.4 offers, it is still a long shot. First of all, there's the thing with the drivers that we are stuck on since android 4.0, LG's final update. tonyp and pengus have done an amazing job regarding this, but as all of you might know, tony is upgrading. I'm not sure if to the N5 or Z1Mini, but regardless in one of his posts on the "The Rom" thread he stated that he yet does not know what to do with his love-hate o2x. Second of all, even cyanogenmod stated that they won't be updating older devices regardless of the 512mb requirement. Then there's NEON and the fact that even Google abandoned our Tegra. Other than that, I am more than satisfied with his 10.2 rom, and I'm currently using it as a daily driver. Other than that, install linux, sync repos and cook roms. This community has yet to die. Oh, or theme. Theming works well.

I may be new to the O2X community, but I read a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-22.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	2373605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-05-21-46-32.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2373606  
"Many came and many left."

Device: LG Optimus 2X
Rom: Experimenting, but mostly Optix or TonyP's magic ROMs

Past devices:
LG GT540 Optimus
Apple iPhone 3G
Samsung Captivate
LG Optimus 7
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NoDze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ganon11000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDze View Post
You all do realize that this ain't such an easy thing to accomplish? Aside the "low memory requirement" that 4.4 offers, it is still a long shot. First of all, there's the thing with the drivers that we are stuck on since android 4.0, LG's final update. tonyp and pengus have done an amazing job regarding this, but as all of you might know, tony is upgrading. I'm not sure if to the N5 or Z1Mini, but regardless in one of his posts on the "The Rom" thread he stated that he yet does not know what to do with his love-hate o2x. Second of all, even cyanogenmod stated that they won't be updating older devices regardless of the 512mb requirement. Then there's NEON and the fact that even Google abandoned our Tegra. Other than that, I am more than satisfied with his 10.2 rom, and I'm currently using it as a daily driver. Other than that, install linux, sync repos and cook roms. This community has yet to die. Oh, or theme. Theming works well.

I may be new to the O2X community, but I read a lot.
I would love to learn how to code / cook ROMs but from what I've worked out you need to have a dedicated machine for the job?

NoDze
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon11000 View Post
I would love to learn how to code / cook ROMs but from what I've worked out you need to have a dedicated machine for the job?
Well, you do at least need a machine with linux dual boot. Cooking is far easier today than it was just a few years ago, I mean tony has a tutorial for cooking your own CM10 build, but yeah, it all depends on linux. There's a lot to download, also (I remember AOSP sources from 4.0 to be like 2 gigs. Or was it 2.3? Don't know, it was for the Optimus GT540 some time ago). All in all, it does take time, patience and some luck. I mean, every recognized contributor earned the title simply by trying. Try, fail, but don't brick and you'll do it
"Many came and many left."

Device: LG Optimus 2X
Rom: Experimenting, but mostly Optix or TonyP's magic ROMs

Past devices:
LG GT540 Optimus
Apple iPhone 3G
Samsung Captivate
LG Optimus 7
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro

ganon11000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Issue is Linux has never worked well for me (force closes everyware! Which version would you recommend?