XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, stuck on bootloop after failed CM11 install

Tip us?

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help, stuck on bootloop after failed CM11 install

Hi. here is my situation: i had the phone unlocked and on stock 4.1 firmware, rooted.
Today i wanted to try kitkat and downloaded some Xperia V 4.4 Rom. after going into recovery i started the install but i failed somewhere in the middle.

Well, ended up accidentally backing out of CWM (i had a nandroid backup) without repairing the fone and now its stuck in a bootloop. its the fastest i've seen, the phone is on for line 2 seconds (on SONY logo) then reboots. i tried adb, fastboot, but these require (i think) some level of initialization that the phone just doesnt get into.
I tried PC Companion but it says it cannot repair the phone as custom firmware is detected. Can i force it to update even in this situation?

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechlord View Post
Hi. here is my situation: i had the phone unlocked and on stock 4.1 firmware, rooted.
Today i wanted to try kitkat and downloaded some Xperia V 4.4 Rom. after going into recovery i started the install but i failed somewhere in the middle.

Well, ended up accidentally backing out of CWM (i had a nandroid backup) without repairing the fone and now its stuck in a bootloop. its the fastest i've seen, the phone is on for line 2 seconds (on SONY logo) then reboots. i tried adb, fastboot, but these require (i think) some level of initialization that the phone just doesnt get into.
I tried PC Companion but it says it cannot repair the phone as custom firmware is detected. Can i force it to update even in this situation?

Use flashtool to flash a stock FTF

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
can you enter into cwm? if can then maybe is your original rom that not compatible with your new kernel, as i notice you completely forgot to flash back to your original stock kernel when you revert back to your nandroid backup. so just flash back to stock kernel and boot it normally.

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkf88 View Post
can you enter into cwm? if can then maybe is your original rom that not compatible with your new kernel, as i notice you completely forgot to flash back to your original stock kernel when you revert back to your nandroid backup. so just flash back to stock kernel and boot it normally.
CMW backups include kernel, so that's not the issue, also in a bootloop you never get to load the hijacked chargemon, so you cant enter recovery

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

Follow me on twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
CMW backups include kernel, so that's not the issue, also in a bootloop you never get to load the hijacked chargemon, so you cant enter recovery
Then the only way is to enter fastboot mode and flash stock kernel

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I did a nandroid backup, but it didnt use it. I backed out of cwm after the installation failed.. i cant get into CWM again because the LED doesnt light up. Like i said, the phone powers for like 2 seconds and then restarts.

I think the cwm i had was overwritten or is somehow unusable. i cant use any tool because the phone doesnt sat powered long enough for any tool to recognize it. i dont even think it initializes whatever it is initialized for adb and the rest

mechlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkf88 View Post
I did a nandroid backup, but it didnt use it. I backed out of cwm after the installation failed.. i cant get into CWM again because the LED doesnt light up. Like i said, the phone powers for like 2 seconds and then restarts.

I think the cwm i had was overwritten or is somehow unusable. i cant use any tool because the phone doesnt sat powered long enough for any tool to recognize it. i dont even think it initializes whatever it is initialized for adb and the rest

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
Flash a stock kernel, use doomkernel, enter Recovery and restore your backup

Leave it on charge for a few hours first

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

Follow me on twitter