5,597,313 Members 35,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile Odin Pro Fails?

Tip us?

ripnetuk
Old
(Last edited by ripnetuk; 11th October 2012 at 01:59 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Unhappy Mobile Odin Pro Fails?

Hi,

I got the N7100 on launch day, and rooted using CWM, leaving my phone with a 'custom' recovery, which is noted on the download boot mode.

Now that triangleaway supports the N7100 I thought I would try and get it less dodgy looking which still rooted.

When I ran triangle away, it warned that a custom bootloader / recovery might leave the counter on 1 even after away'ing the triangle...

So I thought I would use mobile Odin Pro to flash stock rom, injecting SU and mobile odin (as i did many times on my note 1).

This failed (using rom N7100XXALJ1_N7100OXXALJ1_BTU) - it verified the MD5 ok, and rebooted into a screen ive never seen before, containing a large blue Android figure with a lightening bolt on his chest. I personally thought he looked a little unhappy as well...

Anyway, first time this happened, i used desktop odin to do a full flash, which fixed it (but increased my custom counter more since I rerooted with CWM+root).

Second time it happened, i fixed it by just re-flashing CWM.

Anyone else had success with Mobile Odin on the N7100 ??? do you think it was the CWM install that it didnt like ?

Im unsure how to flash just the recovery, and am a bit confused between the relationship between the boot image and the recovery one... i wouldnt have expected the recovery image to affect normal boot, but it does.

George

UPDATE - The blue android is actually the mobile odin pro logo... gonna try again and be a little more patient...

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1220

DONATE TO ME
...you....fool
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

HTC One
How to flash a firmware.zip? Thanks Makbil
How to find your product type i.e. M7_U or M7_UL?
Why has my files moved from /data/media to /data/media/0/?
UID Error? - Delete the Quadrant directory from /data/data and/or check /data/system/uiderrors.txt

Mods
Camera v5.1.620655 for Modaco.SWITCH - https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0
Fix for Google+ Locations Grey Map Issue

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

ripnetuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Left it 10 mins, and still stuck on blue android screen... gonna try flashing from sd card rather than internal card in case its that...
luckly reflashing cwm6-root-note2.tar from odin fixes it...
Also tried flashing from external sd, and that also failed.

Does anyone know how Chainfire likes issues to be reported?

thanks
George

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21067

DONATE TO ME
You can get answer your some question here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1930418
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1220

DONATE TO ME
Is that blue android screen not doing anything at all?

I was the one who tested this app prior to its release (on behalf of chainfire who didn't have the phone at that time), I flashed from internal and external without issue.

What is it your flashing exactly? Your not listing it as a OTA/Update.zip are you?

Try to delete the Mobile Odin file off the root of your sd card and open the app again, it will then re-download the files it needs, try it then.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

HTC One
How to flash a firmware.zip? Thanks Makbil
How to find your product type i.e. M7_U or M7_UL?
Why has my files moved from /data/media to /data/media/0/?
UID Error? - Delete the Quadrant directory from /data/data and/or check /data/system/uiderrors.txt

Mods
Camera v5.1.620655 for Modaco.SWITCH - https://copy.com/VD4qKYFHM6F0
Fix for Google+ Locations Grey Map Issue

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

Chainfire
Old
(Last edited by Chainfire; 11th October 2012 at 04:18 PM.)
Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter 46002

DONATE TO ME
A few other users have reported the exact same problem, and I am pretty sure it will be related to the problem of Triangle Away not always booting up.

Something fishy is still going on with recoveries, and we're not sure what. I can't replicate the problem on my device - at all - so I can't fix it either.

Maybe it has something to do with bootloader version? It seems some people/firmwares have different bootloaders than others and can cause various problems.

What I find strangest is that the Mobile ODIN logo does show up ... that's just weird. Can you use the attached version of Mobile ODIN (its an older version that does not support the Note2) to create a dump file for your device, so I can compare it with the dump files from working devices? It may offer a clue.

EDIT: Download removed, dump made and received.
BLOG - G+(Chainfire) - G+(Personal) - TWITTER - IRC - DONATE

A proper quote includes only the relevant paragraphs, and a proper post never ends with the word "why"

Android
HTC G1, Hero, One
Samsung i5800, i9000*2, P1000*2, P7100, i9100*2, N7000, P6800, i9300, N7100, i9505, N9005
Sony T LT30p, Z C6603
Nexus Galaxy*2, N7, N10, N7-2013

SuperSU, Mobile ODIN, TriangleAway, DSLR Controller, CF-Root, 500 Firepaper, OpenDelta, USB Host Diagnostics, ExynosAbuseAPK, Live dmesg+logcat, NoMoarPowah!, CF-Bench, Chainfire3D, CF.lumen, SGS2 SIM Unlocker, GingerBreakAPK, SuperPower, and more!

Windows Mobile 5/6
E-Mobile EM-ONE
HTC Wizard*2, Kaiser, Touch, Diamond, Pro, HD*2, Diamond 2, Pro 2*2, HD2*2
Samsung i780, i900*2, i8000*2, b7300, b7320, b7330, b7620*2, b6520

WMWifiRouter, KaiserTweak, FPUEnabler, WMLongLife, WMRegOptimizer, CFC+GUI, TF3D+v2 ports, Kaiser+Omnia2+Snapdragon 3D drivers, GfxBoost, and more!

Windows Phone 7
LG GW910

NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ripnetuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Database Dumping...

Hi Chainfire,

Thank you for the response im impressed by your commitment to making our devices better ...

Im doing a dump now [fnarr fnarr] and will make it available to you as soon as its done.

I presume it will be quite large if it takes 30 mins to upload - shall I pm you or email you the dropbox link where i plan to put it?

LennyUK - im flashing what is supposed to be (and in fact is) the latest official rom - i believe its the original shipped rom + an OTA that the UK got. Not sure if it comes from Samsung or its been hacked together from the OTA + original rom. It was downlaoded from sammobile (as i always did with my note 1). Its a tar file (.md5) containing a bunch o f.img files and modem.bin. Im not convinced the N7100 mobile odin flash kernel was corrupted - i would expect CF does a checksum of some sort... ill await his response to my dump.

ps. Why doesnt XDADevelopers email notification work

cheers

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
A few other users have reported the exact same problem, and I am pretty sure it will be related to the problem of Triangle Away not always booting up.

Something fishy is still going on with recoveries, and we're not sure what. I can't replicate the problem on my device - at all - so I can't fix it either.

Maybe it has something to do with bootloader version? It seems some people/firmwares have different bootloaders than others and can cause various problems.

What I find strangest is that the Mobile ODIN logo does show up ... that's just weird. Can you use the attached version of Mobile ODIN (its an older version that does not support the Note2) to create a dump file for your device, so I can compare it with the dump files from working devices? It may offer a clue.

ripnetuk
Old
(Last edited by Chainfire; 11th October 2012 at 04:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Dump

Hi,

Here is the dump ...

thanks

George

EDIT: Dump received and removed, thanks.

snudel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
had the same problem when trying to flash the exchange hack.

used pc odin to upload CWM and this made my phone boot again

ripnetuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Hi, for the record, i tried triangleaway, and ... it booted into it OK, and ran the procedure to reset the counter...

and its worked... I now get
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

im guessing the custom is due to CWM recovery...

cheers

g

Tags
flash, mobileodin, n7100