5,604,859 Members 33,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED]Need An Odin Flashable Rom Sprint GS3

Tip us?

CaptainStormagon
Old
(Last edited by CaptainStormagon; 16th December 2013 at 03:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [SOLVED]Need An Odin Flashable Rom Sprint GS3

Okay, either I am a complete idiot who can't figure out the search function, or there are no Odin flashable roms for the sprint galaxy s3. I know there's the stock 4.3 one by cnexus, but I don't want that because it still has Knox.

So here's what I did. I downloaded the all-in-one zip from ThunderStick and ran it in the latest version of TWRP. The ROM booted up fine, and I was able to work with 4.3 for a bit, but it was acting funny, so I redownloaded the zip and went back to TWRP to re-wipe and re-flash. The flash seemed to go fine, but then once I hit the reboot system button it got stuck at the 'Galaxy S3' splash screen. I can still access TWRP, and it still shows the zip in storage, but it fails whenever I try to flash. So now, I need an ODIN tar, something like stock 4.1.2, just whatever can keep me away from knox so I can try reflashing cnexus's Knox-less version. I think I'm in what is called a soft brick... and all I wanted was for the stupid Ota "update is available" to stop bugging me every five minutes.

EDIT: Here's what happens when I try to install.

"Checking to see if your device is compatible
Device confirmed - d2spr
Checking previous ROM installed
File_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard.......
Error flashing zip '/sdcard.......
Updating partition details"

And then a big red "Failed" under that.

I need this phone back in operation one way or another by tomorrow morning. I will spend all night on Google if that's what it takes, and maybe even sell a kidney if I have to. We'll see how the night turns out.

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
if you go here, there is a one click odin for md4 (4.1.2) [ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L710 MD4 (MD4 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Following those instructions should get you going
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o
The Following User Says Thank You to jdelano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Drludlow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can weigh in here. been roughly where u are.

check md5 on the files your using
try applying zips from both internal and external storage.

I screwed up watching tv and listening to family members instead of paying attention but your rarely lost completely.

my path backwords to 4.1.2 from thunders 4.3 "all in one" was

billards full "md4 with count reset zip" INSTALL ROOT/SU AND CWM/TWRP AFTER FLASH FROM CWM/TWRP or it wont be there after reboot. Of course you can lay your 4.1.2 backup over top after which will have all that.

the play store will have versioning issues going backwards, but they sort themselves out eventually. Maps will likely be the most annoying

Have fun and don't panic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drludlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CaptainStormagon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you guys for your responses. I ended up stealing my girlfriend's micro sd card and installed the zip found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=32176586 and that cleared things up. Then I just reflashed the ThunderStick all-in-one and it is working fine now, thank God. And I still have both my kidneys, for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainStormagon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Glad you got it going!
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o
The Following User Says Thank You to jdelano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]