5,606,779 Members 38,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] [help please!!!]

Tip us?
 
jrunner714
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2013
Unhappy [q] [help please!!!]

My phone won't turn on it won't go into download mode and it won't go into factory recovery mode. I took out the battery for about 10 minutes and I have plugged the usb charger to my computer to see if it would upload so I could reset the firmware using Kies. So is my phone done? Should I try to charge it via the wall charger instead? I was trying to flash a rom the hellfire 4.4.2 weekly nightly one and the hellfire 4.4 gapps but I think I know where I messed up at I flashed the 4.4 firmware first but I didn't reboot it right after. I don't know if that has anything to with it but that is the only thing I can think of because I did the the 3 resets upload the rom then uploaded the gapps. Oh and I uploaded the volume tweaks mod to increase the volume and take the shutter sound off the camera. Please tell me I can some how get it to turn on. To charge, to download mode, to be stuck in boot mode whatever I don't care I just want the screen to turn back on
 
Cjen1987
Old
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 947
Posts: 662
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrunner714 View Post
My phone won't turn on it won't go into download mode and it won't go into factory recovery mode. I took out the battery for about 10 minutes and I have plugged the usb charger to my computer to see if it would upload so I could reset the firmware using Kies. So is my phone done? Should I try to charge it via the wall charger instead? I was trying to flash a rom the hellfire 4.4.2 weekly nightly one and the hellfire 4.4 gapps but I think I know where I messed up at I flashed the 4.4 firmware first but I didn't reboot it right after. I don't know if that has anything to with it but that is the only thing I can think of because I did the the 3 resets upload the rom then uploaded the gapps. Oh and I uploaded the volume tweaks mod to increase the volume and take the shutter sound off the camera. Please tell me I can some how get it to turn on. To charge, to download mode, to be stuck in boot mode whatever I don't care I just want the screen to turn back on
Sorry to tell you, but you hard bricked your s3.

They do have a hard brick project. I don't know where though.
If that doesn't work you will have to get a j-tag.
 
jrunner714
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjen1987 View Post
Sorry to tell you, but you hard bricked your s3.

They do have a hard brick project. I don't know where though.
If that doesn't work you will have to get a j-tag.


Wahhh that sucks whats a "j-tag"?
 
joeyhdownsouth
Old
#4  
joeyhdownsouth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 695
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Creole State
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrunner714 View Post
Wahhh that sucks whats a "j-tag"?
Jtag requires soldering wires to the board inside the phone and repairing the bootloader. Requires special equipment. Have you read THIS thread about unbricking without jtag? Have to be familiar with Linux OS though.
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
 
jrunner714
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth View Post
Jtag requires soldering wires to the board inside the phone and repairing the bootloader. Requires special equipment. Have you read THIS thread about unbricking without jtag? Have to be familiar with Linux OS though.
No but thank you
 
beansnorice
Old
(Last edited by beansnorice; 15th December 2013 at 10:02 PM.)
#6  
beansnorice's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 48
Join Date: Aug 2013
Looking for the link now for the thread I used when I hard bricked mine. The most important part was having a class 10 sd card that is the same capacity as the internal memory of the phone ex... 16 gb internal you will need a 16 gb class 10 sd
If you don't have a class ten sd card it will not work. I'll place a link here when I find it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125
Download all images and such you need from the thread.
If you are on Windows use the link below to put the debrick image on the sd card.more detailed steps to use this method is in the thread. Win32imager is located here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...I820H7GrrDk3vg

This should alow your to boot your phone to download and use Odin to restore your phone to stock and back up and running

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes