5,606,347 Members 33,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Backup

Tip us?
 
bam654
Old
#1  
bam654's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Backup

What is a fast easy way to back up your apps so you don't have to reinstall them after flashing a new rom?

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
 
Zeuscluts
Old
#2  
Zeuscluts's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2826
Posts: 1,770
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam654 View Post
What is a fast easy way to back up your apps so you don't have to reinstall them after flashing a new rom?

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
Use Titanium Backup
Need Some Cool Guide's & Graphic's Visit Gfxbandits
Click the Below TAB for More Info.
 

 
Oldskool1337
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2013
i USe Go Backup Pro. U can Go a Backup direct to ur Dropbox... Very nice.
 
orangekid
Old
#4  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2770
Posts: 9,672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Personally I use MyBackup Root. It's free and if you're rooted (you are if you're flashing ROMs) it works perfect to backup / restore apps and app data.
 
maestromind
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2010
i use titanium backup too..
but, wht abt nandroid backup?
 
orangekid
Old
#6  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2770
Posts: 9,672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestromind View Post
i use titanium backup too..
but, wht abt nandroid backup?
Nandroid you just do thru recovery, either TWRP or CWM etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Redapple63
Old
(Last edited by Redapple63; 31st December 2013 at 07:15 AM.)
#7  
Redapple63's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
One thing to keep in mind., backing up the apps will not work when going from 4.1.2 to say 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.4. It will be messy. You would be better off installing from play store or Gapps for that version. Should work fine if the rom is the same base version though. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
 
orangekid
Old
#8  
orangekid's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2770
Posts: 9,672
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
One thing to keep in mind., backing up the apps will not work when going from 4.1.2 to say 4.3 or 4.3 to 4.4. It will be messy. You would be better off installing from play store or Gapps for that version. Should work fine if the rom is the same base version though. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I have not found this to be true.

I restored apps from my Nexus 4 (with data) from 4.3 to my Nexus 5 on 4.4 and everything came out fine.

Using Titanium Backup or MyBackup it basically installs the market APK same as if you installed it from the market.

Gapps yeah you need the right version.
 
bam654
Old
#9  
bam654's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jun 2013
I'm on 4.4 rom and going to a 4.4 rom I just have alot of apps I like and such. I would like them to stay I stalled.

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
 
frankthet
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
I use Titanium Backup. And i think it's the best way to backupyou device.
I even use backups that i generated with my HTC Desire on my new SGS 3 over the boundaries of a new ROM.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes