5,596,784 Members 47,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Connection Problem: "authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful"

Tip us?

JiraffeLeung
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Unhappy [Q] Connection Problem: "authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful"

Hey there,

Whoever can solve this would most likely help many others out there.
I tried looking this up on google and on XDA, but there is no solution so far besides doing a factory reset.

I have been having a problem with my data network since yesterday, it doesn't connect to the internet at all. The LTE/4G sign is visible when I turn it on though, but none of the apps are able to connect.
WIFI works like usual, and that is the only way I can connect online with my phone at the moment.

There were some who said that the app "PDAnet" was the problem, and that you can reset the proxy settings, however, this option is only available for tablet versions.

I have:
A Galaxy Note i717 (with Telus)
[ROM/MOD][The Collective] Seraphim - First Flight - ICS
Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-I717UCLC5-CL281649 se.infra@SEP-69 #1

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

JiraffeLeung
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Hm, internet seems to be working now.

All I did was wait, later through the day my phone was able to detect the data connection. There were no setting changes or anything, I just left my phone, made phone calls, send/receive texts; and all of the sudden, it worked.

For those who have a similar problem, I'm sorry that there is no quick solution as of now, but it seems like the network would eventually fix itself.

I hope that there are other solutions out there, if you happen to know any, please don't shy away from sharing.

themudfly
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi,

My friend and I have the same problem, both of us have the i717 running dagr8's ICS_CLC5_Alpha2 ROM. Everything was working perfectly until Thursday morning, everything looks like it should work, but it doesn't.

Telus wasn't able to help outside of being able to tell me that when they notice my phone register to the network, it only registers to voice and not data.

Luckily we keep nandroid backups of every ROM we run, and we found that the only ROM that worked perfectly was the stock ROM (no custom ROM GB or ICS worked). However, we did find that the Mozilla Nightly (or Aurora in my case) was able to access the internet on the ROMs that didn't work. My next step is to get Telus back on the line and have them check what they see when the Mozilla browser accesses the internet.

My buddy also ran a logcat, and found that the phone reported some problems while attempting to connect to the data network. I don't have the log, I'll see if I can get him to post it later.

I'm glad your connection is up and running, and it looks like my buddy's connection is working as of this morning, so hopefully mine will be back up shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to themudfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

themudfly
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The fix is to clear the proxy entries under the Telus APN, did that this morning, and data has been working since then.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to themudfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rodi bethyoun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up finaly thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by themudfly View Post
The fix is to clear the proxy entries under the Telus APN, did that this morning, and data has been working since then.
It worked and u don't have to do any thing hard it's just resting it

akukendo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thank you, it works

martis989
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
how to that, I'm new plz help! :/

chethu595
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default proxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiraffeLeung View Post
Hey there,

Whoever can solve this would most likely help many others out there.
I tried looking this up on google and on XDA, but there is no solution so far besides doing a factory reset.

I have been having a problem with my data network since yesterday, it doesn't connect to the internet at all. The LTE/4G sign is visible when I turn it on though, but none of the apps are able to connect.
WIFI works like usual, and that is the only way I can connect online with my phone at the moment.

There were some who said that the app "PDAnet" was the problem, and that you can reset the proxy settings, however, this option is only available for tablet versions.

I have:
A Galaxy Note i717 (with Telus)
[ROM/MOD][The Collective] Seraphim - First Flight - ICS
Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-I717UCLC5-CL281649 se.infra@SEP-69 #1

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
hi i am facing same problem with my android mobile intex aqua i5
can anyone help plzzzzzzzzz