[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung ExpressATT (SGH-I437)
This ROM is for the AT&T SGH-I437 ONLY! It is NOT for the GT-I8730! Just because Samsung named them both "Express" does not mean they have identicle internal hardware!
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.
Source code for the Samsung Express builds can be found on my github, www.github.com/jt1134
. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog
for a full list of changes & features.
What are Unofficial builds?
Builds of the latest CyanogenMod source
from github. This version is not officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit bug reports on CyanogenMod issue tracker
Latest build (08/12/2013): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja...expressatt.zip
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
- First time flashing CM10.1 to your Galaxy Express (or coming from another ROM)?
- Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
- Do a Nandroid backup!
- WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
- Optionally install the Google Addon
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.
REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.
Can I request a feature?
What is your--
CM Download url:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:
Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
If it is a feature in general CyanogenMod, please post the request at the CyanogenMod bug tracker.
Join us on #samsung-express on freenode.net.
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone
involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!