XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Still on MI1 wanting to update

Tip us?

xmguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Still on MI1 wanting to update

I'm still on 4.2.2, I want to take the update. I tried when 4.3 update was pushed but got a "feature" error and it stopped. I'm planning to put the replacement files then update. Are there confirmed root methods and will allow me to keep my user files/settings? Is there a bootstrap ROM/Backup and Restore for this latest, at least the 4.3 first update not including latest?

Thanks

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!
CURRENT PHONES (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - (SW) VRUDMI1 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted - Stock | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - (SW) C811M040 (4.1.2 JB) - Rooted - Stock
--- BOTH running on Straight Talk (using AT&T's HSPA+ network) ---

JeeperDon
Old
Thanks Meter 40
All your questions are well documented here on XDA and other forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeeperDon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mtsprite
Old
(Last edited by Mtsprite; 16th December 2013 at 02:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
I'm still on 4.2.2, I want to take the update. I tried when 4.3 update was pushed but got a "feature" error and it stopped. I'm planning to put the replacement files then update. Are there confirmed root methods and will allow me to keep my user files/settings? Is there a bootstrap ROM/Backup and Restore for this latest, at least the 4.3 first update not including latest?

Thanks

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!
if you have uninstalled any of the stock bloatware apps that come with the phone you would need to download and flash the no wipe ODIN file then upgrade. (or install the individual apk's as system apps) there is a safe root for both the MJ7 and MK2 versions. lastly as of now there is currently no way of flashing ROMS yet as the bootloader is still locked and Safestrap is not yet compatible. Hope that answered all your questions