XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP - E:Unable to mount '/system'

Tip us?

guitarhero923
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default TWRP - E:Unable to mount '/system'

I just recently installed the TWRP v2.6.3.0 on my 210R, and after trying to install the V5 FastDream ROM, it completes, and then TWRP says Updating partition details... and then the next line is E:Unable to mount '/system'. And then when I try to reboot into the ROM that completed installing, it just sits at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

skaman9876
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Having the same identical problem here with different ROM someone suggested using clockwork recovery. Just flashed that and did a recovery. I'll try and report back if that fixed the issue.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

gr8nole
Old
Thanks Meter 1566

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhero923 View Post
I just recently installed the TWRP v2.6.3.0 on my 210R, and after trying to install the V5 FastDream ROM, it completes, and then TWRP says Updating partition details... and then the next line is E:Unable to mount '/system'. And then when I try to reboot into the ROM that completed installing, it just sits at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Nevermind
>>>>------;;;;----->

benny3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2255

DONATE TO ME
When in recovery go to the Mount tab and is system checked?

kenmasters321
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had the same issue when installing my 1st custom rom. To resolve just reflash the custom rom again i.e. reboot into recovery manually (menu button + volume up + power button) then install the custom rom again.

12gage
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I too had this problem, didn't try reflashing but switching to clockwork fixed it for me. I don't like it as much as TWRP but it worked

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 4
Sprint
Samsung Note 3
Latest ROM: Bonsai_Stable_v1.0
Model: SM-N900P
Type: KK
Firmware: NAB

Click the link to sign up and get you and I 5GB with copy.com

https://copy.com?r=xHBmo0
The Following User Says Thank You to 12gage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

caguas56
Old
Thanks Meter 47
TWRP will not let select "System" under Mount. I have tried to reflash CWM Recovery with no avail. my tab locks up at the recovery boot screen. have to reflash TWRP back. now I have no Rom due to my mistake of making a backup on the device memory instead of my sd card. can someone knows where I can find a stock rom I can flash using Odin?.

bierma32
Old
Thanks Meter 52
The strockrom you can find at sammobile.com. You just sign in but its free.

ReeceWyld
Old
(Last edited by ReeceWyld; 4th February 2014 at 03:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I have the same device and had the same problem.

Instead of using TWRP or the ordinary CWM, @Ripshock suggested to me Phils CWM v2, here, and with absolutely one try, I had my RocketTab 3.1 up and running.

Just remember to always perform a backup with each recovery you experiment with. From personal experience TWRP, CWM and Phil's CWM v2, each backup differently, therefore, they only restore the backup they made (so i assume). But so far, my Tab works like a charm.

E: it sits at the Galaxy Tab screen because there is no OS installed once that system mount error occurs. Restore the stock backup and flash Phils CWM v2 with Odin.

caguas56
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceWyld View Post
I have the same device and had the same problem.

Instead of using TWRP or the ordinary CWM, @Ripshock suggested to me Phils CWM v2, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468441, and with absolutely one try, I had my RocketTab up and running.

Just remember to always perform a backup with each recovery you experiment with. From personal experience TWRP, CWM and Phil's CWM v2, each backup differently, therefore, they only restore the backup they made. But so far, my Tab works like a charm.
I fix my problem reflashing CWM. TWRP has a problem and I wont use it until an official-tested version shows up.