XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Sotrage Problems

Tip us?

chairstorm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Internal Sotrage Problems

Ive been fooling around with my phone, by that i mean rooting and such. But really recently ive noticed that my internal storage is almost completely full no matter if i factory reset my phone and wipe all caches. The sizes don't even add up, the biggest thing is clockwerk recovery at 2gb but somehow there is another 7gb of something that i can't see. Is there files hidden somewhere that are causing this huge usage of space?
HELP

Whizzpopper
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Use ES file explorer, enable to show hidden files. That should answer your question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

chairstorm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I see a lot of **** in lots of folders all over my device but im afraid to delete stuff. Would it let me delete important files?

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairstorm View Post
I see a lot of **** in lots of folders all over my device but im afraid to delete stuff. Would it let me delete important files?
Use clean master from the play store, it will detect what is not needed and ask if you want to delete it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

chairstorm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
Use clean master from the play store, it will detect what is not needed and ask if you want to delete it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
even that doesn't help there is still 80% of storage taken up by something, could my CWM backups somehow be ending up on my internal storage instead of my SD because it seems that way

Bigbabyjesus
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Use es file explorer to move any important files from internal storage to external storage (like cwm backups or photos) then wipe internal storage. After that you should have about 9 GB free on your 16 GB s4.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chairstorm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The nandroid backups were what was causing the huge space problems, I moved them to my sdcard and deleted them off my internal sdcard and I now have all my space back.